S

Monday, June 17th, 2024 12:52 PM

Can you really watch NASCAR without upgrading?

The website says that you can. 

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/nascar

I switched BACK to Xfinity because of this.  Even had someone verbally tell me that the races will be on the app. Well... they are not.  I have spoke to no fewer than a dozen representatives and nobody can even give me an explanation.  One guy told me that the channel USA (that broadcasts the races) hasn't been properly uploaded and nobody with Xfinity can access them.  That's just a lie and I told him that he was lying to me and he doubled down.  This has been infuriating.  I just want to know if what the website says is accurate information.  If so, can someone, ANYONE, tell me how to access them.  If not, can someone has this page removed and my money refunded because I will be switching to a service that offers those channels at a reasonable rate.

Yes, I have the Xfinity Stream app on my phone and TV.  Yes, I have searched everywhere for it.  No, I do not have the channel USA in my package but according to the aforementioned website, I shouldn't need it. I should only need Xfinity internet, which I have.

Someone please help me.  Make this make sense!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

3 months ago

Hello, Stud_McCool the Xfinity Stream App is a way for you to view content you are subscribed to with your TV package. There is some free content/channels available: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/free-streaming-channels. 

In regard to NASCAR, I searched the Xfinity Stream information and see that NBC Sports is the channel that will have the most NASCAR coverage: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/entity/8967243616661867112. To be able to view USA channel you had mentioned, or NBC sports programming you would need to have those channels as part of your TV line up. 

3 Messages

@XfinityJustinC​ NBC discontinued the NBC Sports channel.  They moved all of their non-NBC network races to USA.  That said, it does appear that the races are now showing up in the Xfinity Stream app.  Go to Browse then Sports then go to the Upcoming and scroll over to the week, you will see the races there.  They were NOT there last weekend so I don't know if it was a glitch as the coverage shifted from Fox and NBC or if I called tech support enough times but it appears to have been fixed.  We will see if that is actually true this weekend.  Will update what I find.

To address your response, however, this is the lack of effort that I have been dealing with all week.  Did you even click the link that I shared? I don't care if I am subscribed to the channel or not, according to your website - I should have access to the races simply because I have Xfinity internet.   

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Stud_McCool It's good to hear that the programs were showing this weekend. 

I'm sorry for us not having a better handle on the issue and the specific details around the programming options for nascar. When we search our internal resources for help the only information we have is related to X1 services. While the sports app on our X1 platform is awesome and offers a ton of details for all sports, it's not what we needed for this inquiry. The link that you sent has everything we would need to assist you and help to make sure the programming is available. I plan on checking back in with you early next week to make sure there were no issues this weekend as well, but if you do have trouble, please comment and my peers will help. I am also submitting a request to have these details added to our internal resources so that we can find the correct path to help you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I went to watch the races this weekend and they have mysteriously vanished.  I have since cancelled the service and switched back to something more economical.  I've talked to so many reps and have gotten so many different incorrect answers (including the reply in this thread) and I just wish that they would remove this service from their webpage.  I don't really even know what to do from here - it's a company that's too big to fail and I'm just one guy trying to enjoy a sport that has fewer fans each other.  I care less that this didn't work out for me than I do at the fact the Xfinity can just brandy this false advertisement around without consequence.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Stud_McCool Thank you for following up with us. I'm sorry that the races were not available again. I see the same as you do for accessing the races from the link you shared. I would love to work with my repair team to figure out why you don't have access. Can you please send us a direct message with your name and service address? From there I can open a request with repair to investigate the missing programs. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here