flashplayerhelp's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Sat, Feb 29, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

can not stream on demand content

I am using a Chromebook trying to stream on-demand content and I keep getting this message "  get your Adobe Flash Player up and running." I did make sure the flash player is not blocked.  it just does not pick up on that.   this only happens with on-demand content if I try streaming live tv there is no problem.  I already tried clearing all the cookies it did not help. I reset all the settings for the site and turned the computer off and back on. now it will not load the website at all ! it just stays on Xfinity .... page you see when it first loads. when I go in incognito mode I am able to stream live tv but not on-demand content. please have ideas help me, please 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@flashplayerhelp wrote:

I am using a Chromebook trying to stream on-demand content and I keep getting this message "  get your Adobe Flash Player up and running." I did make sure the flash player is not blocked.  it just does not pick up on that.   this only happens with on-demand content if I try streaming live tv there is no problem.  I already tried clearing all the cookies it did not help. I reset all the settings for the site and turned the computer off and back on. now it will not load the website at all ! it just stays on Xfinity .... page you see when it first loads. when I go in incognito mode I am able to stream live tv but not on-demand content. please have ideas help me, please 


i used an updated chromebook and played a live SD channel. app wanted google to verify it is an authentic copy of android (not modified and not a sideloaded OS). it played normally with flash blocked. then played HD station 19 tV show and it required flash (used to verify encrypted end to end transmission). enabled flash and reloaded page and it played fine. note: do not use the TV app installed on the chromebook.

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

2 y ago

i am not sure how to do what you are saying. what menu can i find these options on ?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@flashplayerhelp wrote:

i am not sure how to do what you are saying. what menu can i find these options on ?


many channels currently have an SD version (usually very low 2 digit channel numbers) and a higher channel number with HD (usually H or HD is in the call letters of the channel).

elsie1957

Frequent Visitor

 • 

12 Messages

2 y ago

I am having the same problem - always works for live TV but all of a sudden won't play on-demand.  I have tried all the same things you listed in your original post and no luck.  Am using a Chrome-based browser, but may have to go back to Microsoft Edge.  Did you ever get your to work and if so, how?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@elsie1957 wrote:

I am having the same problem - always works for live TV but all of a sudden won't play on-demand.  I have tried all the same things you listed in your original post and no luck.  Am using a Chrome-based browser, but may have to go back to Microsoft Edge.  Did you ever get your to work and if so, how?


what happens when you attempt to watch content? is your flash turned on?

New to the Community?

Start Here