U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 18th, 2021 10:29 PM

Closed

Can I stream on by IPad and then stream the content to a TV while traveling?

I hope I am not asking a really stupid question.  I tried searching, so feel free to just point me to the right place.

I am able to watch my recordings using the streaming AP on my IPad.  Each year I rent a Condo for four weeks.  I am interested in “streaming” or mirroring what I can watch on my IPad to a TV.  Last year I tried using my wireless Memorex device from my IPad to the TV.  I was successful for many things, but I got a message that my device does not support Xfinity. (Or the message may have been from from Xfinity).

is it possible to stream via my IPad to a TV?   I want to watch my Xfinity recordings on a TV when not at home. If it is possible, what devices support Xfinity?

Thank You

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_00dcdd! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Xfinity Forums with your questions!

You can view some more detailed FAQ here, but in short, you can use the stream app on most mobile devices like your phone/tablet and then a few select other devices such as a Roku, Fire stick and many smart TV's. For the most part though, devices that mirror are not compatible except for Chromecast, so you'll want to look into devices that can support the stream app itself such as a smart TV. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityTambrey , Thank you for your reply and the link. This is still confusing to me.  
Mirroring and casting are the same thing, correct?

Are you saying that I need a Chromecast device in order to “cast” the infinity AP running in my IPad to a smart TV that does not have this built in?

Can you give me an example of a few Chromecast devices that I could purchase.  

Or are you saying that I cannot “cast” to a TV from my Ipad?

Thank you.

Or are you suggesting that I buy a Chromecast type device, hook it up to the TV when I travel, sign into my Xfinity account on the device, and not use my IPad?  This is assuming that the TV does not have this feature already built in?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you for that great question, @user_00dcdd. Mirroring and casting are similar. However, casting is only done from a Chromecast device. Mirroring can be done on other mobile devices. However, due to licensing agreements, you will not be able to mirror the XFINITY stream app. You can use a Chromecast device to cast the XFINITY stream app. We are suggesting buying a Chromecast device. The great thing about Comcast is we have worked with other equipment manufacturers to bring the Xfinity Stream app to compatible Roku devices, Amazon, Samsung Smart TVs, LG Smart TVs and other Partner Devices. Make sense so far?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you.  Just to confirm I can buy a Google Chromecast device and Connect the device to a TV away from my home.

Then I can cast from an ISO device IPad, IPhone) from the Xfinity Ap.

The Key is whatever device i connect the TV, must be Chromecast based?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

You're welcome! That's a great question, your device must be connected to in-home Xfinity Internet network to stream the full channel lineup and full Xfinity On Demand library. There should be some access to the channel lineup and On Demand library similar to using the steam app on a mobile device outside of your home. As a personal go-to, our Casting Xfinity Stream Content to Chromecast article has a lot of useful information.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you. Got it.  I appreciate your help and patience

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here