U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 4th, 2022 3:16 PM

Closed

Cable bill if I just use internet to Stream?

Can I cut my xfinity cable bill and just stream through Wifi?

Problem Solver

• 

518 Messages

3 years ago

The only thing you would cut is the rental of the X1 cable box. You cannot stream live broadcast TV channels unless you have a cable subscription. Simply put, every channel you see on your X1 Channel Guide is part of your "Cable TV" package. The Stream app is just another means of accessing those channels. And the "app" is free to use.

As an Internet only customer, you can receive an Xfinity 4K Flex box for free. But that means you have to subscribe and pay for the apps on that box. But some are free. https://www.xfinity.com/learn/flex

However, Xfinity has TV packages you can add to the Flex box for a fee.  Cost depends on what cable tv channels you want to watch.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

3 years ago

Hello there, @user_7ddb38, and thank you for reaching out to us through our Forums! I understand you would like to explore some options, in terms of changing your service plan with us, and I can definitely help you with that! Rest assured; you're with the pros, and our Digital Care Team of corporate experts are here to get you into the perfect plan for you, and your household!

So we can look into this for you, can you please send us a private message, including your full name, and your full address? You can send us a private message by clicking on the chat icon, in the top right hand corner of your screen, and once you click on that, you should be able to compose a new message, while searching for "Xfinity Support". Thank you in advance, and we look forward to hearing back from you! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here