B

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 9th, 2022 1:13 PM

Closed

Buffering while streaming tv

Never ending buffering  while trying to stream tv on my lg smart tv. Chat with customer service rep and get the same response need to “reboot”. It works while you are chatting and soon after you are back to buffering. Call again and get the same answer. 
BUT if you are streaming Amazon Prime no buffering. 
I’m guessing that the problem is with xfinity and not on the users end. They need to step into this century and fix the problem. Are you with me?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Didn’t think xfinity would respond. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem.  Happens when I am trying to watch Mets on SNY.  There is an SNY app, but of course, Xfinity is not an approved provider!   I have constant buffering problems on my LG TV, my Samsung TV, my Amazon Fire Tablet.  

I have the blast internet (300MB) with 3 wifi 6 nodes throughout the home.

Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime do not have this problem.  It is only the XFinity Stream app.   I refuse to buy the set top boxes and pay monthly fees for those.

I have read many complaints about this app and I think its nothing but garbage.   

I may just switch to YoutubeTV 

300MB Blast Internet

ASUS ZenWiFi 6 Routers

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Are you noticing this with live local channels? I ask because there's a known issue with our stream app on LG smart TVs. The workaround is to exit the app and restart it, but it sounds like you may have already tried that. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @Bill15224. A few things to look into with buffering, how far away is the modem from the box? Are you noticing slow speeds with other devices? When doing speed tests, what types of speeds are you usually getting? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChristina​ 

Hi,  the speeds are running a little over 700mbps. Tv is 20ft from box. We have no problem with other streaming apps only Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It’s not only the streaming app, lately it’s the entire service

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Hello @Dire thank you for reaching out over our Community forum. We would be happy to take a look at your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here