U

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 2:41 AM

Closed

Buffering Issue

Several channels (e.g. NBC, ABC, CBS, Sports California) on the Xfinity Stream app on our Apple tv's start streaming ok then shortly or later start buffering.  This started about a week ago, all fine before that.  Our tv’s are LG and Samsung.  I have restarted our modem and router, and updated/restarted the Apple TV’s.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 months ago

Thanks for posting on our Community Forums, @user_q1fg80. I'm sorry to hear about the buffering issues you have been experiencing. This is not the experience we would like you to have. Are you currently connected through Wi-Fi or ethernet? Are any other devices experiencing this issue? 

4 Messages

Appears all my Apple tv's are experiencing this issue with the xfinity stream app.  Tv's with coaxial cable connections work ok.  I can watch NBC thru the Peacock app on Apple Tv ok.

4 Messages

9 months ago

I'm connected thru Apple Tv Wi-Fi.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_q1fg80. Is this only happening on the Xfinity Stream App? Or are any other Apps affected on the Apple TV? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I appreciate you checking, @user_q1fg80. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App to see if that helps? If you try using the Xfinity Stream App on any other device(Cellphone, Tablet), do you experience the same issue? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Appears to be only happening on the Xfinity Stream App.  The only other app I use is the Peacock app which seems to work ok. 

One of my Apple Tv's has an ethernet port, so I connected it, and it too has the same issue as the Wi-Fi connected Apple Tv's. 

We have "Unlimited Data" with Xfinity.  The ethernet connected Apple TV speed test shows download 873 Mbps & upload 236 Mbps.  One Wi-Fi connected Apple TV speed test shows download 137 Mbps & upload 99.9 Mbps.  Another Wi-Fi connected Apple TV speed test shows download 44 Mbps & upload 54.4 Mbps.  I don't understand all that, i.e. good? bad? ok?

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App to see if that helps.  I have the Xfinity Stream App on several tv's, no other other devices.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for that information, @user_q1fg80. I'm sorry to hear the ethernet connection shows the same results on your Apple TV. Your speed results over Wi-Fi can vary depending on the distance and the number of devices connected sharing the bandwidth. It's normal to see a slower result with that test. Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both devices affected? Let me know if that makes any difference at all. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here