lboocker's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 7:43 PM

Closed

audio cutting out but only on recorded shows streamed on website

This is really weird.  When I watch recorded shows from the website, the audio cuts out after about 2-5 seconds and doesn't come back.  There's no problem streaming live shows.  There's no problem watching and listening to the recorded shows on TV via the X1 box.  It's happening on all my recorded shows, including things recorded months ago before the problem started.

I'm watching the website with Safari on an iMac.  I've rebooted the iMac and rebooted the modem.  The problem started within the last week and I've never had this problem before over many years.

Anyone seeing something similar?  Any suggestions?

1 Message

1 year ago

This is exactly what started happening to me - I was trying to watch the golden bachelor and was a few minutes behind so I started my recording, but after a few seconds it disappears and doesnt come back

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same issue for me! So upsetting! Anybody getting anywhere w/ xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @lboocker, thanks for reaching out for help with your recorded streams. By chance have you noticed this issues on any other operating systems or browsers? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I only have one operating system and browser:  Safari version 17. My software is up to date. I've had no sound when playing back my recorded streams this week, whether recent recordings or old ones that have worked before.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ Funny you should mention that.  I just tried it with Edge instead of Safari and it works with no audio problems.  That doesn't completely let Xfinity off the hook.  I have no problem streaming anything else (and I use more than a dozen streaming sites) with Safari.  And I have no problem streaming live shows on Xfinity with Safari.  So it's only the combo of Safari and Xfinity recorded shows that causes the problem.  So I have a workaround (using Edge) but it would still be nice to get it working on Safari.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I am glad to hear that you have a workaround @Iboocker. I would be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps on that stream app from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing a similar issue, @dperdmann. Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies? Or tried any other browser on your device? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

@XfinityDilary​ I am having the same problem.  Any solution that doesn't involve just using another browser?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Same thing started happening here on Tuesday, I think. I've never had this issue before. Have you found a way around this? 

1 Message

1 year ago

Also having the same problem the last 3 days ..... how do you fix?

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

Good morning @user_i2jy9i and all. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Obviously...xfinity has a major problem! I sure hope they solve it soon or I gone from xfinity!  I pay too much for their service and if it doesn't work, what good is it?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

For a week now, when I try to watch recorded shows from youe Xfinity website on my Macbook, the audio cuts out after 2-5 seconds and doesn't come back.

(There's no problem streaming live shows.  There's no problem watching and listening to the recorded shows on my TV via the X1 box.)

It's happening on all my recorded programs, including ones I've previously watched without any issues.

I'm watch using the Xfinity website (no App available for your website) with Safari on my Macbook.  I've rebooted the laptop and and the X1 box.  The problem started 1 week ago. I only have Safari and I shouldn't have to download another browser to get my Xfinity service to work. I've had Comcast Xfinity for 17 yrs and everything worked up to 7 days ago. What's the fix, Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @dperdmann Is your MacBook the only Apple device you have and can check the recordings on? Can you check your laptop to see if it has Apple's spatial audio? Then deactivate it and test the recordings again. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here