U

Saturday, October 7th, 2023 11:41 PM

Closed

AppleTV Plus App Will Not Launch On X1

Apple TV+ app on COMCAST Xfinity X1 has worked flawlessly for many months until recently. For the past week, AppleTV+ opens normally, a program can be selected, 30 second promotional ads for other shows play normally, but when program should start, error message displays "Video Not Available" "There's a problem loading this video."

Everything else on COMCAST Xfinity works including Peacock and Max apps. Internet connection is strong. AppleTV+ works on iPad.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_hhqtrt! Thanks for reaching out about AppleTV+ not playing videos as it should. We are happy to help and will get this figured out. I checked and do not see this as a known issue. Have you tried to Clear Locally Stored Data From Your X1 or Flex Streaming TV Box and then accessed the app again? 

Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum, is a violation of Forum Guidelines. Due to the nature of forums, the Xfinity Forum has never been designed as a place to receive assistance in "real-time".

If you are in need of immediate assistance we ask that you reach out to us via one of the methods shared here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-How-to-contact-Comcast/ta-p/3053370. In the future, we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there (as you did here). If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message.

4 Messages

Hello...Sorry I did not follow the chain of command for DMing. For you to answer that this is not a known issue I see that you have responded to the same page that many subscribers, including me, have documented our frustration about the Comcast/Apple+ issue. On that page are many examples of how to reach Xfinity employees to fix the issue. I just followed their suggestions to try to get my issue resolved. You might want to revisit the page and check out the numerous subscribers that are having the same issues that I am having. This has been an ongoing issue for months or years now. Why hasn't Comcast/Xfinity addressed it yet. No one has any issues with any of the other streaming formats through Xfinity. Just wondering. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I hope to hear from you soon.

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

XfinityNico
1st Reply
Conversation Starter
1st Accepted Solution
+16 more

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @ventruejusticar, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! Are you receiving an error message or code on the screen when attempting to launch Apple TV on your X1 cable box? Do you know if you're using an X1 cable box or a Flex streaming box? 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

No problem at all about the direct message, @user_hhqtrt. We have a specific process set up to ensure we are able to help in the best and most efficient way possible. I have run into this issue once before as well. When something is a known issue it means there is a ticket open with our Engineers that affects all of our customers and they are working on it so no further action is needed until the work is finished. When it is not considered a known issue, we troubleshoot and open tickets as needed.

Our team is glad that you reached out as we always want your services to work perfectly. We will certainly do what it takes to see this resolved! Did you try to clear the locally stored data from the Flex or TV box and then access AppleTV+ again? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I have the same issue and I have cleared the locally stored data and AppleTV+ still does not play.

Official Employee

• 

964 Messages

@tvlover Our team can help you with this today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the exact same issue,after the promo airs,I get message unable to load video. Check your internet connection! Yet I  can cast the show from my iPad no problem what so ever.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @Michaeld161! Have you tried clearing the locally stored data on your cable box? If you haven’t already please follow the steps in this handy article.

19 Messages

11 months ago

I had this same issue. Another user recommended a “system refresh”.  You can say system refresh into you X1 remote. It resolved the problem. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here