U

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 9:50 PM

Closed

apple tv constantly asking for sign in

We live with the Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV because when it works correctly, it is a far better experience than anything. It has glitches. Two huge ones, that are maddening, especially for an app that has been released for a while and has had literally NO updates to fix the problems. (1) the last item in the guide, the bottom of the list will jump to some crazy place when you click it. One must scroll down again and get lucky just to make it work. It takes much clicking and cussing. This is frustrating. (2) the app asks for sign in quite often. At least 3-4 times a week and even 3 or 4 times in one day. Geeeeeeze. Find out what is the problem and fix it. I would love to recommend the app to my friends, but they will constantly call ME for help when they encounter issues. Luckily I can use the phone to enter the sign in details using saved logins, but it's ridiculous to go through the motions and have to do this.

Maybe it helps to tell you when I noticed this happening repeatedly. We listen to Pandora music on Apple TV almost all day. When switching over to Xfinity Stream, it requires the login. Almost every time. Maybe that's a clue. Please fix this. I love the Apple TV experience, but patience is wearing thin.

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

1 year ago

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity streaming service does not work properly with Apple TV.  Requires log in every time I open streaming service.  Multiple calls to Xfinity support yield no solutions and this has been going on for months.  Rather than ask for customers to reach our privately with another call to Xfinity support how about sharing a solution or communicate that Apple TV is just not compatible?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here