zipperje's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 9th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

anything sports related requires "in home wifi" to watch...why can;t I stream NHL games?

I pay XF a ton of money every month. Now I can't watch any NHL games on XF steaming website Could not even watch "NHL tonight" as streaming. Anything sports related is listed as "in home wifi" only. I thought streaming meant I could watch all my Xfinity channels even when I'm not at home? Can this be fixed? FYI I paid extra for the entire season with NHL Center Ice package. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@zipperje wrote:

I pay XF a ton of money every month. Now I can't watch any NHL games on XF steaming website Could not even watch "NHL tonight" as streaming. Anything sports related is listed as "in home wifi" only. I thought streaming meant I could watch all my Xfinity channels even when I'm not at home? Can this be fixed? FYI I paid extra for the entire season with NHL Center Ice package. 

the owner(s) of the programming set their own demands in contracts and in the video DRM (digital rights management). Comcast sells subscription to home cable TV and streaming on other devices is currently a completely free bonus feature. You can still record programs and when the recording is complete, stream it ouside the home but only while still in the USA.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

You can connect your center ice subscription with nhl.tv to watch out if home.
https://www.nhl.com/subscribe?partnerId=NHLTV-AW-NA-1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3-Ss79aw7gIVow2tBh2aRA4oEAAYASAAEgKpx_D_BwE

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Xfinity is NOT one of the providers that are allowed to be logged into from that link. DISH, Direct TV, COX, Verizon all do, but no Comcast or Xfinity. It pretty much stinks that any of the other big providers let you buy Center Ice AND log in to the NHL.TV app and watch at home or on the go.....but not so much with Xfinity. You don't pay ANY extra with the other services to get both. So it is obviously an issue with Xfinity not willing to share the streaming service for some reason. 

The prices are exactly the same among all of the providers by the way....so it's clearly not a money issue. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So this is the same for all the sports packages?  I haven't been able to access them when not on my home wifi.  That's idiotic.

Is that just the way it is??

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here