V

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 4:49 PM

Closed

Alternative to Xfinity Stream app

Hi there. So, I have a Roku TV and I'm trying to stop regretting getting Xfinity TV service, but it's hard.

See, I've been spoiled by apps that work! Like Sling, DirecTV Stream, Philo and even Pluto! You have a guide the works, stream that don't quit unexpectantly, and a dvr that allows you to pause live TV! After two weeks of service, I'm really regretting getting it. But unfortunately, if you don't get their TV service, the internet service gets really pricy, so they get you one way or another, which is a shame.

And to make it even worse, after browsing this community, it seems their solution is 'well, have you tried to turn it off and on?', which, as it turns out, doesn't work. 

So, I'm asking, what's my alternative? What did you do? Am I missing something which makes the system work, maybe? Let me know.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@vintagegeek 

Cab you clarify what’s going on? are you having issues with the streaming app on your Roku TV

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

The app is painfully slow in loading, specially if you use filters; The entire Roku app experience is clunky, slow, and counter-intuitive. It's a real pain to use. If I had to compare it to any other streaming app, such as Sling or DirecTV stream on the same Roku device, this app would be at the very bottom. It feels like somebody made it because they had to and it was cutting into their weekend. 

The web streaming site (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/), however, is nice and responsive. Is it too much to ask for your Roku app to do the same?

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@vintagegeek Thank you for going into more detail about the issue you are experiencing with latency in the Xfinity Stream app via Roku. Have you noticed that this issue exists when navigating the app, watching live TV, On Demand content, or DVR recordings? Does the picture buffer, or do you have a black or other screen? Do you receive an error code or message when this occurs? Also, is it happening intermittently, or constantly? While connected to different Wi-Fi networks?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here