Brocktoon's profile

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 1:32 AM

All Live TV Giving TVAPP-00116 error on Roku (with no changes)

Same as many other people are reporting suddenly ... Everything was working yesterday on my Roku's Xfinity Stream app.  There were no updates or changes in the app.  Now all live TV channels are throwing a TVAPP-0116 error.  I can view my recordings without any problems.  But live TV will just shows a black screen with the 00116 error.  I signed out, reinstalled, rebooted, and authorized again.  The stream app can see and play my cloud recordings but live TV is still not working.

Many people are reporting this same issue as of today.  Again, there were no changes in the app, and it was working yesterday, so did something change on Comcast's side?  Why can I still access my could recordings, but nothing live?  I use my Roku as my TV adapter so what am I paying for if I can't access my TV services?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 hours ago

Thanks for your submission, Brocktoon. I'm sorry to hear the live channels are not working properly through the Xfinity Stream App on Roku. Is this happening with any other device or just Roku? 

Contributor

• 

137 Messages

9 hours ago

Not sure if it was affecting other devices as I only use Roku devices for the Xfinity stream app.  But Roku support confirmed they changed nothing on their side today.  They told me to contact Xfinity.

In any event, someone else who was having the same issue with the TVAPP-0116 recommended trying an X1 system refresh as it fixed their issue ... and it also worked for me!  I don't know if this points to an issue with the Xfinity system, but I'd recommend anyone with the TVAPP-0116 who has a X1 box, go to settings > help > system refresh.  Or request support to run a system refresh.  It seems to have helped some folks tonight with this error

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Brocktoon We are happy to hear you found a resolution, and share it as well. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 hours ago

I also have this issue but with only one of my Roku devices. The other device works normally. I have restarted the Roku device that gets the 0016 error message, but it still does not work. Any suggestions?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here