U

Friday, July 28th, 2023 11:37 PM

Closed

15106 problem on Pixel 4a 5g

Can watch NBC & ESPN on my phone; don't have a tv. The rest of the channels that I've tested give the black screen "We're having some trouble. 15106" message.  Have uninstalled/reinstalled Stream. Any suggestions on what I could try next? 

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

1 year ago

An Xfinity rep refreshed my account and I can stream on the Stream app to my Pixel 4 5g as before - all channels that I just tested stream ok. I don't know what "refreshing an account" actually does, but that seems to be what was needed to fix my problem. Thanks to PeteH. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same phone. Same problem. [Edited: "Language"] promised a response in 4 hours. That was 3 weeks and 4 phone calls ago. Good luck!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for your feedback, @user_dbd502. This isn't the experience we want for anyone, and it's important to us that you're able to enjoy your shows on all your devices. If you have not already, can you try a system refresh to see if it helps? A system refresh is a tool that will provide a multi-check assessment and can help fix common account and TV Box issues. Please let us know if this helps with the 15106 error message you've been receiving. Thank you! 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Good evening @user_a72658, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your stream concerns. We're sorry to hear that you are receiving an error on most of your channels. Can you give us a few examples of the channels you are experiencing issues with? Have you tried testing on any other devices as well? 

5 Messages

Forgot to mention - my desktop is connected to my router via ethernet, my phone is connected via wifi. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for trying those steps @user_a72658, we really appreciate it. We'd like to take a closer look into your streaming issues. Can you please send us a private message with your name and service address including any applicable unit or apartment numbers?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. 

I have tried watching about 25 other TV channels on the Xfinity Stream on my phone and, other than NBC and ESPN, they all give the "We're having some trouble. 15106" message. I've tried 6 times in a row on some of the channels with no change in outcome. I am watching a xfinity.com/stream/entity/  movie on my Windows 10 desktop right now and it is playing just fine.  I have no other devices - no TV or tablet.

The Stream app was working on my Pixel 4a 5g phone a few months ago when I watched the free first season of Succession. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for mentioning that @user_a72658. If you try to stream on the website xfinity.com/stream on your phone instead of the app, do you receive the same error on your channels? Have you also tried restarting your phone and is the stream app on your phone up to date? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for providing us with the additional information @user_a72658, we really appreciate it. If you stream on the website xfinity.com/stream instead of the app, do you receive the same error on your channels? Have you also tried restarting your phone and is the stream app on your phone up to date? 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your reply.

On my Pixel 4a 5g 

1) the Stream app is up to date. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it yesterday, July 29.

2} I just turned off my phone, waited a few minutes, turned it back on, opened the Stream app and have the same black screen 15106 problem when trying to watch a non-NBC or non-ESPN channel. 

3) when I open the Chrome browser, go to. Xfinity.con/stream and try to watch something the same problem occurs - the black screen 15106 message.  This is true even when I try to resume the movie that was just playing on my desktop. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here