U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 1st, 2023 2:08 AM

Closed

15106 Error on Xfinity Stream app

Can't get any help via the chat bot or call in for error code 15106 on the Stream app. I've force stopped, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, used it on my home network and not, nada. Can't get a human on the line. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same problem except for 3 channels NBC, ESPN and ESPN2

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

@user_67fafa Thank you so much for letting us know that you are getting an error when trying to use the Xfinity Stream app. Most of the time our error codes do have a message or letters that come before the error code to help give us more information. Are there any messages or letters before the error code no worries if not. You can take a screenshot and feel free to upload that image to share here. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ I was able to get a human on the phone yesterday. They refreshed the account, nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing. Then said they'd work on the back end and I should sign out and sign back in and it should work and they'd call back in 1-4 hours but haven't yet. I uninstalled and reinstalled again today, same issues. Here's a screenshot, this is only the latest try, other types of episodes don't work. My HBO Max app is working fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for keeping us posted and trying so many troubleshooting steps, @user_67fafa! I'd like to take a closer look at what's going on so we can make sure this is resolved. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Additional information for you. I am having the 15106 error on a Pixel Phone 4a 5g. However the stream app works fine on my Samsung tablet. As I mentioned before I can get channels NBC, ESPN, and ESPN2 but it goes to the "ToGo" channels to display them. All other channels I tried to watch gives the error 15106.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Useralk Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. Can you please send us a Private Message with your full name and address? We can certainly investigate this further. Here are instructions on how to send us a PM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to hearing from you.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

1 year ago

Same as ... Did talk on phone.. bla bla bla...  2 weeks since and nada on the support site, like this isn't happening.

Seems like they won't even acknowledge it. Useless as the assistant bot. Their IT dept must be a mess.

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

Hello, @user_17c738. I'd like to take a deeper look into this error message for you and help it get resolved. 

Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

During the course of me contacting them and opening a ticket they saw errors on my cable box and sent out a technician to take care of some other stuff. The technician looked at my phone and we tested it on my computer. Streaming worked on my laptop but not on my phone. He texted his supervisor, who then opened a ticket with engineers. I'm not sure if the engineer team is a local thing or national. After a few requests for certain info and a couple weeks the app seems to be working now.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks much for the post. Whatever xfinity did, it fixed my problem with the 15106 error as well. To whoever fixed this problem, Thank you very much!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Useralk You are most welcome, we are happy to help in any way we can! Sometimes we just have to clear things out on the back end. We look forward to supporting you in the future, and I hope you have a great weekend! 

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

how did they fix I have had this problem for over 2 years and they still can tell me what the problem is xfinitny blames Leveno, leveno blames xfininity  Had multiply tickets put in with no luck.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here