U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 12th, 2022 2:09 PM

Closed

Xfinity streaming stops

We have been using xfinity streaming (we don’t have a cable box) for several months.  But lately we have either been unable to switch from a station we have been watching on streaming to another station on streaming or we have been unable to gain access to streaming at all.  We do not have a cable box.  We have spent a vast a mount of time with xfinity support.  Eventually, support makes things work properly either for a few minutes or a few days.  They always say they have found the source of the problem. 
When the problem arose today after several days of no problem and the message on the tv (LG 2019 model, so it’s supposed to be compatible) said “SORRY! Something went wrong.  Please try again later.”, I followed the directions on my iPad for reestablishing the app.  I got, on my iPad, a message: “We’re sorry.  You don’t have access to Xfinity tv.  Want to upgrade?”  We went through the Welcome to xfinity stream process on the tv, entering the provided code.  Twice the “SORRY! Something went wrong.  Please try again later.” message appeared.  The third effort, performed identically to the previous two, succeeded and we now can use xfinity stream.  Happy day.

I am appealing to this forum for suggestions as to how this problem can be resolved.  Xfinity has failed so far to provide satisfaction.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_70bab8, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about your ongoing experience with our Xfinity Stream app. You've come to the right place for help! I have checked over the  LG models, and I am showing 2019 tv are eligible per our requirements which can be found here (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs) 

There is a limit of five simultaneously streaming devices including mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers. Using more partnered devices can cause issues as well. 

I use our stream app on my Firesticks. 

Is there a separate router connected? 

Is there a splitter connected?

Are there any additional devices connected?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here