W

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 7th, 2022 12:11 PM

Closed

Xfinity Streaming Issues and needs an update!

When is the beta version going to be updated?
The app design and features make it cumbersome to say the least, to navigate the app. No one should have to click 5-10 times to get to another Channel! I have extremely stable internet and setup.. the app and shows I watch freeze 15-20 times daily. This is an ongoing issue for all people that I know and has stopped many of my friends and family from going to Xfinity. PLEASE make this a usable app that rivals other top streaming Interfaces! I’ve been using this app on multiple tv’s as a primary tv stream patiently for over a year… nothing has changed or improved. From every forum  I’ve read… I’m in the majority on this.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

@WJL56 Thank you for your feedback, and reaching out to the Digital Care Team. There are currently no known issues that would be an issue for the hard time you are having. We are happy to look into this further, and get it resolved for you. Please ensure you are using a compatible device, and they meet these requirements: https://comca.st/3GctnYH;

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityHeather

The issue is how lackluster and cumbersome the interface is, as well as the constant freezing of programming. I know more than a few people that share the same opinion/issue. Beta generally is short-term... is there a prominent version of the app to follow that is more "user friendly" on the horizon? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@WJL56 We are always looking to provide a better experience for our customers. There is no information on an upcoming application change at this time. We will announce it once this becomes available. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I agree. This App has been Beta for a long time with few or no improvements. There are way too many clicks to get to things including getting to a channel that is way down the list. Need a better scroll function or station number finder option. Also, It would be nice to have a quick record option when viewing a program.  

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Another big issue is the voice syncing.  For some reason, many of my recorded shows, when I play them back on Xfinity Stream, the voice audio is out of sync with the video.  This does not happen when watching a recorded show from my DVR or cable box.  One thing I have done to make the channel list smaller and easier to navigate, is to use the option for preferred or favored channels.  Overall the concept of Xfinity Stream is a great one and I use it all the time on tv's without boxes or when traveling.  But it's seriously time for an update.  And when the update comes, please don't start charging for it!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Also channel numbers do not show in guide in streaming either. Favorites cannot be chosen because there are no way to select them

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here