arcadian7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

Tuesday, July 25th, 2023 9:35 AM

Closed

Xfinity streaming app audio out of sync

Has there been any progress on fixing this issue?  Like many others here, I have a TCL Roku tv, I updated OS, checked strength of WiFi signal which is excellent, deleted and reinstalled Xfinity app and nothing has solved this problem.  It has only started up over the last couple months - I have had the tv and streamed Xfinity live tv for two years with no issue until perhaps May 2023.  With Comcast prices going up, I expect way better than this and after being a long time customer of some 35-40 years.

Comcast/Xfinity - what is going on with this?  It’s ridiculous that this has not been resolved yet and like others have said maybe it’s time to address this with FCC and BBB.  My rates just went up again and this streaming issue is getting worse!!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @arcadian7. I am sorry to hear your sound is not working at this time. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Is your Roku up to date? I would start by rebooting your modem. Ensure that Roku is linked to the same network as your Xfinity device. Once confirm can you reset your Roku account credentials and re-login.

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityDena

my TVL Roku TV is updated, I tried checking modem speed, restarting it, unplugging it and restarting.  I have tried unplugging TV and hard starting it.  I deleted the Xfinity app and downloaded again.  I even tried clearing the TV cache any of the other suggestions made in the community threads.  Nothing has resolved the issue.  I did not have this problem until the last couple months - periodic at first then increasing in frequency of occurrence - tv streaming glitches and sound is then off sync.  This is amazingly frustrating and as a LONF time customer I’m seriously considering another service now.  Your prices continue to rise by leaps and bounds and the Xfinity experience is sinking in quality.  This is so wrong.  Please fix this!!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for trying those steps. I am showing an intermittent issue is affecting the sound quality for some customers when watching programming through Roku devices. This is not an Xfinity issue, and it isn't isolated to the Xfinity Stream app. Roku has confirmed this is an issue on their end, caused by a software update to their devices that they initiated. You can enjoy content using Xfinity Stream, online and through the app, on a compatible non-Roku streaming device, where sound quality should not be affected. 

Per your rates increasing, from my experience it usually goes up due to an end in promotional rates on the account. Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers with our current promotions if you wanted to take a look. Just make sure you are logged on to your account to see the promotions available for your account.  You can also set up the services directly from the website.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

23 Messages

It is ironic that as soon as I made this post, everything seems fine now.  Very coincidental.  I was not on any promotion - rates keep going up and it’s always several dollars more a month.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @arcadian7, we're glad to hear your audio issues are resolved, that's great to hear! We're sorry to hear that your rates have been going up though, as someone who likes to keep a tight budget, I understand how frustrating that can be. We'd be happy to explore new offers with you to see if we can get your bill down. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here