M

6 Messages

Friday, August 4th, 2023 1:57 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream will not cast

I have found numerous posts regarding this issue, but no conclusive fixes. I have had the Xfinity app on my Android phone for sometime with no issues. Once fine day, it simply stopped casting, it says its casting and the Chromecast shows a still screen with the tree dots but never fully connects. SO, I tried installing the app on my iphone, will not cast. Tried from my laptop, from the Xfinity website, will not cast. Installed my brand new Chromecast, still does the samething on all three devices. I can cast from any other app on any of the devices to either of the chromcasts without issue, but not from the Xfinity stream app from any device to either chromecast. 

The only thing I can think of is once the connection is made, the app it's self is blocking the stream from flowing to the cast. It is the only common denominator in my scenario. Now the question becomes why is the app blocking the stream from flowing once the connection is made? AND how do I fix it?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @michaelm352, thanks for reaching out for help with casting the Xifnity Stream app. 

You have two ways to cast content to your Chromecast device from the Xfinity Stream portal. Follow these steps to cast Xfinity Stream app content to your Chromecast device:

Open the Xfinity Stream app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
Tap the Cast icon on the header section of the app.
You’ll see all your available devices that are connected to Chromecast and ready to cast. Tap a device.
(Devices that are not connected to Chromecast will show “Source not supported” underneath it.)
Once you're connected, the Cast icon will be solid.
Select a program to cast to your Chromecast device.

(You must be connected to in-home Xfinity Internet network to stream full channel lineup and full Xfinity On Demand library.)

6 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ Does not work. I can see the chrome cast fine, and it acknowleges the cast is coming in, the app also acknoleges the cast, but the stream never starts. Its like it connects but the stream is blocked. DOes the exact same thing when casting from the Xfinity web page on my laptop, shows it is connecting but the three dots just keep cycling and nothing happens. 

6 Messages

I am having the same issue!

3 Messages

Same thing has been happening to me last few weeks. I’m assuming since latest app update 3 weeks ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_afcb65, Thanks so much for leaving a comment on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

My name is George.   I can watch xfinity stream on my android but the casting box in the right corner stopped coming up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for the clarification on that! 

By chance is this specific to certain network/networks or show/movie? In come cases, networks to have restrictions set when it comes to broadcasting their content to Chromecast or Apple AirPlay. 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. It doesn’t matter which network or show/movie I decide to watch. There connection never successfully loads. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_2fb33c!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are so happy to hear from you and want to help address and resolve your concerns in any way that we can.  So that we can take a closer look at this for you, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@user_2fb33c​ It's only Xfinity. I can cast from any other app.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have been having the same issue for 3-4 weeks now. It doesn’t matter what I try to watch, live TV or something recorded. It connects and then there are 3 dots on both my iPad & the TV acting like it’s going to load and then it just stays that way and never plays. I’ve updated the app, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing changed. Super annoying. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_f00e76, Let us know if you are still having this issue. We would like to help. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I am still having this problem.  What's going on?  Why can't this be resolved?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service @Tonita1 . Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same issue. Unable to cast for over a week. From all my devices. It's only this app that's not casting. Only have the streaming service. So no service for over a week. Customer Service provided no assistance, and have no knowledge of the chromecast device. Still waiting on the technical team to get back to me.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

No need, I've disconnected, the lack of assistance I've experienced trying to alert xfinity of this issue became way too taxing. Off to Hulu TV and earthlink I go!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Oh no! We'd appreciate the opportunity to help turn this experience around, @user_f028a4. We do not want to lose you as a customer and want to assist with troubleshooting and resolving this issue with you. Can you please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support” by clicking on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page?

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

@user_f028a4​ 

About to do the same. It would be really nice if anyone from Xfinity here or on the phone would even acknowledge that they’re having a problem or trying to fix it. I’m getting tired of being given the same rudimentary directions for casting that we’ve all know for five years.

6 Messages

Good luck! I tried to chat, call, dm support on twitter, and emailed corporate. Corporate escalated it to technical support, and after providing them with a very detailed message explaining my issue, my devices info, the version of the os for them, and the app version, Technical support responded two days later by sending me steps on how to download Peacock. All they need to do is have someone in POC replicate this issue by trying to cast to a chromecast (mine is 4th gen) from the xfinity stream app (using something similar to my devices, a Samsung Galaxy Android and Windows 11 HP laptop). I'll bet it happens to them too!!!

(edited)

4 Messages

1 year ago

Having same issue, no help even with live support for 2 hours.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @AngelGurl we definitley want to ensure that you are able to use this feature. How long have you been having this issue? Have you completed any troubleshooting like resetting your devices or uninstalling/reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app?

4 Messages

I have called support and they said they would troubleshoot it, sent in a ticket and said they would give me a call back. I never recieved a call back and it almost been 3 weeks. I have done everything from trying different devices, uninstalling, resetting chromecast, resetting my wifi, clearing data and cache , still them 3 dots from hell on my TV. This have been going on, I know for 3 months. I'm starting to believe this is their way to get you to pay for their equipment, but my bill is already ridiculously high. My next step is to cancel the service completely. I'm tired of paying for something that doesn't even work and support isn't even trying to find a solution to solve the problem. 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for letting us know where things stand, @AngelGurl. We do not want to lose your business and understand the frustration that comes along with a persistent issue. I am sorry that it has not been working! I would like to look at your account from here. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem. Was working about a month ago, now having this same issue. Other apps cast fine. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue, called support twice. They “elevated” the issue and opened a ticket both times. No follow up and the  issue still remains.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_5e59c7. Thank you for reaching our team on Forums. We certainly understand the importance of getting this resolved as quickly as possible. Please send a direct message with your full name and address so we check the status of the ticket that's been created. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

6 Messages

1 year ago

So, after nearly a month after posting here and numerous "private" messages, there still seems to be a "Service Outage" in my area effecting my service and troubleshooting cannot be done until the outage is resolved. BS!  

Here is what I think is going on, Comcast in it's infinite wisdom has decided they are losing money by allowing customers to cast from a phone to a television in their own home. The customer should rent a set top box if they want to watch television in their home. This is the only thing that makes sense as the app connects, the television acknowledges, even the still is displayed on the TV, but the cast never starts. The kicker is, it is the exact complaint from every user on the forum. The issue occurs from any device, to any television, in any location using comcast service. All other apps cast normally. In an otherwise normal world the only thing not working is the Xfinity cast. Narrows it down considerably to one common denominator. 

Comcast like so many other huge conglomerates, has no personality and does not care for one customer, they only care about hundreds or thousands, one simply does not matter, there will be two to replace the one who leaves. The only thing Comcast is interested in is making more money. It is the old fashioned way of doing business and what they do not understand is the world is changing. Younger and newer users will not tolerate this level of greed and will seek out services from other providers that do care about their "one" customer. I would challange anyone reading this, to spread this word, to help finally open the eyes of comcast executives and let them know that every count starts with one, it adds up, quickly. You can't get to a thousand or ten thousand without ONE.

If they want to continue profiting from all of us, then give us the services we are accustomed to, turn on the cast so we can watch tv whereever we wish. It is not like I am going to buy the set top box anyway, I'm not. I also will seek alternative services!

6 Messages

@michaelm352​ make a TikTok about this. I’d repost it. 

1 Message

1 year ago

GM, I already know the answer to this question but I figure i would ask......did anyone's' issue get fixed as of today 9/5/2023? I am still having this problem and Pro football is right around the corner! 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Nope. I just keep getting the runaround. 

2 Messages

Nope, not here either.

6 Messages

Nope, I am still having the same problems. 

6 Messages

I had to leave this company! Tried for over 10 days, and I couldn't get any help related to this issue. They'd always try to up-sale me instead of looking at the service issue I was experiencing. Like the Xfinity Streaming App casting problems was my fault. The company continued to try to get me to either add a box or faster speeds to my bill. Xfinity is the problem! Nobody there is paying any attention to their customers or their services. I've even sent the link to this forum directly to corporate after my disconnect in a hope to help others, nothing.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_5e59c7! Thanks for leaving a comment with your shared concerns. Reviewing your activity within the Xfinity Communities Forum, I see that you've followed this post, liked comments from others, and even shared the occasional comment yourself. Thank you for utilizing our forums! Please consider creating your own public post to get direct assistance from the community as well as our Digital Care Team if the problem persists. And let me know if you have any questions!

6 Messages

1 year ago

You will keep getting the run around because this behavior is by design. By casting to a television in your own home, you do not need a set top box. Comcast in their infinite greed has altered the app to prevent casting to a television so as to try and force us into renting a box. IE more profit for them. We are but a drop in the ocean of Comcast customers, but if we get together and start posting about this everywhere we can, we will create a wave and they will eventually hear our voices. Share, post, Tik Tok, spread the word wherever you can. 

4 Messages

@michaelm352​ I refuse to buy a set box top. If anything I will cut my service out completely with them and use other services that have working casting. They already said they gave me a "better" deal but my service price went up and they seriously think imma pay for something extra. They better think again. I'll be more than glad to give my money to better services. 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue still. Has any XFinity employee here been able to resolve this for anyone?

6 Messages

No. No resolution as of yet. 

Official Employee

• 

859 Messages

@user_2fb33c Our team can help you today.  To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

1 year ago

I called Comcast yesterday about how my bill kept going up and I was going to leave and go elsewhere. I do have 3 boxes and they informed me that I could get rid of them and use the streaming service to save money. Now I am of an little older generation so I am not up on all this new technology, but it sounded good to me. Fast forward to today and I cannot get the service to work on my television. I think it's me, user error. But I'm so grateful that I came here and read your posts! I will be leaving Comcast and going with another provider. You are all correct! They have forgotten that they really are not the only game in town and it only starts with a trickle and it becomes a wave! Even this old dog can learn new tricks! Thank you for your comments!

3 Messages

1 year ago

same issue, canceling xfinity because they obviously want you to just rent their TV box. Youtube TV never has an issue

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey, @user_afc8fd. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Would you mind providing us with more details on the specific symptom or issue you are experiencing? We'd like to help with any service concerns. 

6 Messages

So Xfinity reps are you reading the above? As I see it more than 10 posters have stated they will be leaving your service due to the complete lack of care on Comcast's part for their customer. 

The issue is NOT resolved, the app simply will not play when sent to a chromecast. It happes 100% of the time to chromecast devices and is hit and miss to other smart tvs. I even opened my laptop just now and in one browser window pulled up a youtube video, hit cast from the Google menu and it popped right up on my tv. In another tab went to the Xfinity cast, started playing a show then tried to cast from the Google menu, the stream stopped. So what they are doing is allowing the connection with the app, but not allowing it to play. I clicked the play icon over and over, nope nada. 

If I can figure out what the issue is, "the app play function does not work when connected to Chromecast and select other smart televisions", you would think Comcast would have the wherewithal in IT department to recognize and correct the issue. At the very least admit in these forums they are aware of the problem. Otherwise one can only conclude it is by design.

Take note of this too, Comcast executives, Century Link, one of the local phone companies is re-inventing themselves as Quantum Fiber in the Central Florida area. They are laying fiber all over at an amazing pace and bringing 984mbps into homes and businesses for $70 per month, fees, taxes and equipment included and no contracts no smoke and no mirrors. The wave is coming and man I will be riding right on the front of it. 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same issue here. Tried 2 different Chromecast devices and the "3 dots of hell" is all we get. Super Sucks since it's Football season and we want to stream to our backyard TV during the games. Sure hope there is a fix soon!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @user_c51782, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your streaming concerns. We did have an issue on Sunday with our Stream app and website that has now been resolved. To confirm, are you still experiencing issues streaming? If so, please let us know, and we'll be happy to troubleshoot further. 

3 Messages

We ended up buying Fire TV sticks and that has resolved our problems. 

Really sucks that we have to buy new equipment and Xfinity won't admit they F'd up on the latest release that caused the issues with Chromecast devices. I will NOT purchase the Xfinity streaming app!

We already pay (as of our last bill) $201 and change for Internet, TV and 1 (only 1!) DVR box. We've been customers for 20+ years and the prices keep going up, up, up. I've had 3 conversations with Xfinity sales/customer retention (one of the calls was actually the agent and then the supervisor after I asked probably 10x to speak with a supervisor) so far this week. I've been told they can lower our bill by $2/mo or I can go online and there was better prices for current customers. That ended up being about $5/mo savings for 1 yr contract then our bill would automatically jump $30++ per month. He-L NO!!!

I'm not up on the streaming services, so definitely need to do my research, but this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here