U

8 Messages

Saturday, July 22nd, 2023 12:51 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream tell's me to connect to Home WiFi network. I am home! Stuck in endless sign in loop on Apple TV box.

for the last six months I have used the latest, Apple TV 4K, to open the Xfinity Stream app and access My live channels and recorded shows. For some reason, it tells me now I need to connect to my home Wi-Fi network. I have verified I am on the home Wi-Fi network, and have no issue accessing all my other apps like Netflix, or Hulu. I have gone through basic, troubleshooting, such as, forgetting the Wi-Fi network, and re-joining, and even deleting the Xfinity Stream app from the AppleTV box multiple times to no avail. 

here is the loop I am stuck in -> Xfinity sign on screen -> enter activation code, or use QR code -> the screen refreshes and takes me to the black “welcome “screen, but says that I need to be on my home Wi-Fi network -> clicking OK takes me right back to the main XFINITY sign on screen.

using the QR code to activate from my mobile, phone does not work. And entering the activation code on my mobile, phone does not work either.

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out. Are you having this issue only on the AppleTV device?

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, the one Xfinity box was not impacted.  The two Apple TVs in the house were indeed impacted. I called Xfinity and they escalated up to Tier 2, and it took 2 days but the App eventually began working. When I called back in, was told it was a known national outage impacting the Apple TV App. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm glad to hear the app is now working for you, @user_9581e9. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have EXACTLY the same problem. No fixes found anywhere!

8 Messages

@user_c3e019​  Call Xfinity, have them open a ticket and escalate this up to their tier 2 engineering support. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here!  And this is after signing up for NOWtv which isn’t working. None of the channels appear. So now I don’t have it AND the Xfinity app is stuck in a loop on Apple TV. Three hours on the phone today. No other options for internet where I live or I would be cancelling everything. And WORST customer service out there!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_79494e. We can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to enjoy your services. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Same here been on phone 4 different occasions with Xfinity support was told about the know national outage. Last time on phone 9/14/23 this operator told me each phone call had shown the problem had been resolved. This is clearly not the case she also said they found a fix and my case was moved up to tier 2 and would be fix that day. Still nothing 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_150a43. I wanted to check in and see if your issue has been resolved by tier 2 at this time, or if you are still having the issue with the app telling you to connect to the home network?

6 Messages

Yes indeed I'm still having issues. Spoken to 4 different Comcast employees today 9/20/23 first one I call she had no clue and said her supervisor said it's the 4k box call apple. so I got him on phone and he denied telling her that and said it was an app issue he did another ticket. About an hour later another employee call and said it most definitely an server issue with Comcast and moved the ticket up. 2 hours later I received another call from Comcast this person said she was with tier 2 but apparently she has not read any notes cause she was clueless and calling back later

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_9581e9 Did you get a call back later or a time frame of when you would get called back?

6 Messages

1 year ago

No one has called back yet

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

Please send us a direct message, we will be happy to see if we can get some help for you. Thanks! 

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

6 Messages

Someone just called.she started the problem is I'm using now TV and it's not supported on apple tv 4k box. That I must use the flex box. My question is you use Xfinity stream app to login with the flex box so why not Apple tv box?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

A flex box is only one option. You can use it on any approved device that the app can go onto. The device you are using likely just doesn't support our Stream app at this time, or had an update causing the problem. That could change in the future, but for now it is likely the cause. 

8 Messages

@user_150a43​  XFINITY is WRONG! Flex is NOT the only option - the XFNITY Stream App is in the Apple Store for a reason!  Every day I use the Apple TV 4K (on 3 TVs and iPad and iPHone) and they all work. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I’m having this same issue with Xfinity. It keeps telling me to connect to y home network which I clearly on I’ve been on the phone for hours without resolution.  I also caught in the endless loop of QR code sign in and then it backs out. Please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey, @Soohoolm1. Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue. Is this happening on your Apple TV box as well? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try removing the app and reinstalling it? 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

11 months ago

New Xfinity Stream user and am receiving this error when trying to stream on my Apple TV running latest OS. I’ve talked with 2 different techs and no one has an answer. I’ve tried repeatedly removing and re-installing app without success. Have also tried rebooting Apple TV and modem. The app works fine on my iPad. Any help would be much appreciated. 

8 Messages

Call XFINITY back - have a ticket opened and escalated to engineering.  

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

I was told it would be escalated but have not heard back from anyone. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out @Billb660 I would be happy to look into an update for you. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

9 months ago

Exact same problem so many times. My Apple TV device is plugged directly into my Xfinity router. Same stupid error as everyone else saying that I must be on my home xfinity network.  So frustrating. Endless sign in loop.  

2 Messages

9 months ago

Exact same problem so many times. My Apple TV device is plugged directly into my Xfinity router. Same stupid error as everyone else saying that I must be on my home xfinity network.  So frustrating. Endless sign in loop.  

Official Employee

• 

920 Messages

Hello there @user_uzw3hn ! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forums! Have you attempted to reset the router/gateway and check for updates with your Apple TV at all since this started occurring? 

8 Messages

@user_uzw3hn

Call XFINITY back - have a ticket opened and escalated to engineering.  It's the only way they fixed mine. Since they did, zero issues with Apple TV App. 

1 Message

9 months ago

Is there a resolution for streaming via my iMac?  See lots of people with issue but no solution.  I have Xfinity router and my iMac is logged onto wifi but when I sign in for streaming it says I am not connected to my home network...  Very frustrating that I can't stream to my computer.  I am able to watch on my iPad through Xfinity app but not on my iMac...why!?!?!?

8 Messages

Ummm, there has always been the option to watch from a Computer. You can easily watch from any browser. Go to Xfinity website, login and under the right-hand account icon with your name, click on "Watch TV Online" 

Also, you could go to: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ and sign in to watch. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’m stuck on the same loop as well. Apple TV but when I login it tells me I have to be on my home WiFi. Any solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@Samm111 Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. We can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to enjoy your services and appreciate you reaching out about this. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps to try and resolve the issue, such as rebooting your modem? 

1 Message

8 months ago

I am also having the same issue with both of my Apple 4K boxes. I am on my WiFi and this shouldn't be an issue. I have completed all troubleshooting I can find including a complete reset of both boxes and my internet. This is not okay. 

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

@MoonGirl711 Have you been able to stream with other devices in the home, say for example a mobile phone? 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I too am having the same exact issue as well.  I just got Now TV (or whatever it was called). The AppleTV worked for like a day and then now I am stuck in the endless loop like so many others on this thread.  Spent hours on the phone with Comcast. Works fine on the phone, on the computer, all on the same Wifi as the Apple TVs.  Support had me do all sorts of things - remove the app, reboot, forget the wifi and reconnect, etc, etc.  None of it works. I am spending money on something that doesn't work :-(

(edited)

6 Messages

I went through the exact same thing with Comcast for days. After days of this nonsense Comcast engineer called and said Apple TV 4k does not work with now tv which makes no sense  

2 Messages

Thanks for that - I will cancel it then.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here