U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 6th, 2022 11:44 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream only showing tv go

Hello, I'm on a home network and my Xfinity stream is only showing tv go channels. I'm unable to watch local news or sports. I've been using the app for 2 weeks with no problems until now.

I'm using a Fire Tv. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just started having the same issue on my Fire TV same problem on

my iPad  . What is the issue? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Just started for me today as well. Really annoying. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

After an hour with Xfinity support online, I get this.. 

"Thank you for letting me know. When looking into the channel line up and option to stream the channels. When researching more I'm finding that AT&T SportNet southwest and Bally sports are currently unavailable to stream at this time. I'm not showing why they have made it that way at, but that is the detail of the channel that I have found. This would be the reason that you are having the trouble streaming the game on the device but can watch the game on the box, and all the other channel work. I hope this help. Are there any question about this information or about your services?"

I asked if there was a change or is this an outtage..  10 minutes later and still nothing.  

Per their own support article, if you're on your home xfinity network, you can stream all your subscribed channels.   

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/live-tv-streaming

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same problem when attempting to watch channels I subscribe to from a PC browser on my home network; something I do daily up until yesterday (in home, on my Xfinity WiFi network, no VPN).

Only TV GO channels are listed in the channel listings, even when I select "All channels" or my "Favorite channels". If I use the "Browse" drop-down and select sports, and scroll to my home MLB team playing now on ATT Sports Net, no content plays, only "spinner" dots (...).

I've tried Firefox and Chrome, both have the same problem, even after signing out and back in and after rebooting. The Xfinity Stream app on my iPhone...same thing. The only way to watch channels I've subscribed to in-home, is to steal the remote from my wife and watch it on the cable box.

Based on these symptoms, its pretty obvious this problem is with Xfinity systems and not at the end-user.

I called comcast tech support and they had nothing in their system relating to this problem (not a known issue) despite the users having posted about this glitch here in this forum. The agent escalated the issue to another team within Comcast and they said they'd contact me if its resolved or if they need to cal me back to continue trouble shooting. 

Waiting. (I sure wish I could watch baseball rather than Housewives)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@Emerson_Bigguns_2245​ Yes, it is clearly an issue on their end.  Other channels work, even my HBO subscription, but not AT&T Sportsnet.  Any streaming, Browswer or App, wont work.  I reported it last night, and today they tell you there is nothing reported in their system.  That just tells me they haven't bothered to investigate it or willing to admit they changed something and need to fix it.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello there @user_4c5a68, Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your Xfinity Streaming App concerns. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityRoberto​ i am having the same problem, only tv go all of a sudden. i had it happen twice before, called and they fixed it. can you help me?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_829d37 - Happy to help! Could you please send our team a message with your full name and full address? We can definitely take a further look at this issue.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Only TVgo on my kindle fire tablet.  Deleted app and reinstalled. Still getting only  TVgo

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Tech support called me back and said this is a known issue for all streaming devices (phones, tablets, computers and also includes the Xfinity Stream app). This is a large-scale  outage effecting the Houston, Chicago, Florida and greater Southeast US Comcast markets. It started July 4 and gradually began to spread. (From an IT perspective, if this glitch started 3 days ago...and spread...and they still don't have it fixed...tells me its bad. IT systems engineers lose jobs over things like this in the the real world.) To be fair, Comcast has issued me a $25 credit.
On a side note, I am unable to watch several live sports channels on my set-top box - everything is very pixelated. They say they'll send a reset signal...we'll see. A little converter box that allows SD channels works for the sports channels (AT&T Sportsnet on 39) but the HD stations like 639 on the other boxes is not working. I don't know if this is a separate issue or not.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes, the issue still exists. I installed a TV outside and connected to my home WiFi. Enjoyed xfinity stream for two weeks and then suddenly you guys reduced it to only TVGO channels, turning my outside TV into a brick. I pay nearly $300 every month and want my full services restored. Why did you do this to us?

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@user_a62cdb I am sorry for the inconvenience, this isn't the experience we want for our valued customers. This is a known issue, and we are working to get it resolved so you can continue to enjoy your TV service on your stream app. In the meantime please bear with us while we get this resolved. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJessW​  I am currently having this issue - just started today 11/24. Was a fix ever found?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm having this issue too today! This is horrible! 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_a62cdb, thank you for reaching out to us. We will be happy to assist you with your stream app issue. At the moment, we are having some ongoing issues with streaming on the app through different devices. Do you happen to have a cable box? If so, I would recommend watching the channels through your box for the time being until things are resolved. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

When will it be resolved?

We pay so much and you guys can’t even fix whatever you have screwed up on your end?

should get some $$ credit for this 

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@user_a62cdb At this time, we don't have an estimated timeframe. I assure you we are keeping a close eye on this, and once this is resolved we will address credit for the time service is down. Do you have any other questions we can answer for you at this time? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

In my area (Houston, TX) the issue was fixed yesterday or day before. Thanks Comcast.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Yes, it was fixed yesterday.  It was still down on Thursday.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I am happy to hear that it has been taken care of. Please do not hesitate to reach back if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here for you 24/7 365 days. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I see that this has been going on for months now and I still do not have all the streaming channels avail for live TV. 2 months is a long time for this to still be an on going things. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_6a027d. We did have a known issue when this post was first created, but this has since been resolved as confirmed by others in the thread. If you see a similar problem still, we can certainly help. I would recommend creating your own post, so we can help with the specific issue you see now. We are always happy to help. 

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

looks like the issue is back- at least here in Michigan today-everything was fine until today.  can only get ESPN and TNT on the stream app on all 3 of my ROKU's on my home network, Phone stream app is only showing TV go channels, with ESPN channels and TNT listed first. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same issue here in Massachusetts. tv.xfinity.com as well as all our Roku's have only a few channels other than TV Go.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here in Colorado atm.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Also in Independence MO. TBS is only on TVGO and my series recording is not appearing.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem in northwest Indiana.  Started 11/24/2022.  I am not going to go through a bunch of gyrations on my end as it drives me crazy.  Just fix the [Edited: "Language"] problem so I can watch the programs I paid for. Need big $$$ credit for this problem as you charge me big $$$ for a service that is not working.  FIX THE PROBLEM AND GIVE ME $$$ FOR MY STRESS AND LACK OF SERVICE.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_3bf83e. I am sorry that your channels have not been working and am happy to help. As shown in the thread this is a known issue that our Engineers are working on. For some an Entitlement signal has been fixing the issue. Please let us know if the issue is persisting. We will get that sent over if you need it. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRay​ The problem is fixed. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

11/24/22 The Villages, FL

Xfinity stream and app are only showing GO channels, even when using home Wi-Fi network.  Thus, we’re not able to record on DVR or access many channels available to us by using computer, iPhone, or iPad.  Only full access is through cable box.  Customer are not getting the services they’re paying for.  Get the issues resolved  or we’re canceling our service.    

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @user_dba9f6. Thank you for letting us know what is happening with your service. This is a known issue that our Engineering team is working on. It has already been resolved for some. Is the issue still persisting? If it is, we can send over an Entitlement signal to try and get the channels back while we wait for the permanent repair. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity stream app is only showing TVTOGO channels, even when using home Wi-Fi network - Michigan. Called it in and said it would be fixed within 24 hours. It was, then later same day went back to only TVTOGO. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Not working here in Tennessee either. Only have tv go channel’s. What a joke. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue in Illinois PC, Phone, and firestick. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

From September to December for

the past 3 years. I've been having the same issue. You can call or

speak to all the techs at Comcast. It won't resolve the issue. Every year after 4-5 tech, one tech will take the initiative and restart my account if I were a new customer to reset the your acct features. For some reason the xfinity acct reset itself thinking you have only mobile features only. All my live tv features go from over 200+ channels that would say numbers with hd channels to 85 and only say tv go. I don't even want to talk

about the roku stick. No live tv available only features that works that's already featured on the app. So I believe when xfinity do their annual maintenance they updates messes with packages feature or setting on these apps. Yes when Ive login it says 200+ channel with sport package but when I'm on the roku stick that's connected to my tv or mobile app on phone the features are gone until one brave tech decides to reset your acct. it's sad and very disappointing that I'm watching thanksgiving football and your  xfinity streams apps on the roku stick resets itself. I don't believe I can take this [Edited: "Language"] anymore

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here