awcrosby's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 31st, 2022 5:29 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Sony TV with Google TV

Is there any timeline on when I can expect the Xfinity Stream app to be supported on Google TV?   I just bought a new Sony Bravia TV with Google TV and I would like to be able to watch Xfinity content natively.  I can cast the app from my phone to the TV, but it isn't nearly as convenient to use that way.

All the previous threads on this topic are over a year old.  

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm happy to look into this for you! Have you attempted to download the Xfinity Stream app on your new TV?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityCrystal​ Yes, I have tried.  It is not listed when I search for the app through the TV's Google play store.  If I search for it through in a general browser session on my laptop, it shows the TV as an incompatible device.  

I tried side loading the app, but the app also says the device is not compatible when starting. 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Can you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity
Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just purchased a new Sony Bravia TV with Google TV. I have attached my xfinity DVR to the TV via HDMI1. I cannot find/access recorded shows from the DVR

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Hello there  @user_c71640     I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel.  We're happy to help, and congrats on the new TV! Is the guide loading for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

When will the Xfinity Stream app be available for download on a Google Tv?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

That is a GREAT question, LOL, that I had to look into. Google TV is similar to our Flex TV. It contains apps all in one place and although it is a new way to stream, I do not have any ETA's at this time when our Xfinity Stream app will be available on it. Please do keep in mind to, that you will need a subscription to utilize the shows on the app. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Google TV is not a device.  Google TV is the new name for Android TV operating system.  The hardware device known as Chromecast runs the Google TV operating system, but so do many TVs.  This is similar to Roku - there are standalone devices and TVs with Roku built in. 

I am sure there are some differences, but Google TV OS is similar to Android for phones, and the Stream app has been running there for some time. 

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

2 years ago

Still waiting for stream app to be added to Sony Android/Google tv's...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here