C

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, April 24th, 2023 2:24 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Roku stopped working TVAPP-00101

I have been using the Xfinity stream app on my Roku device for years without a problem.   When I tried using it today, it says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi."   Error TVAPP-00101.

I've confirmed that the Roku box is using my home WiFi connection.   I've rebooted the Roku, logged out of the Xfinity Stream App and logged back in, removed the Xfinity Stream App and added it back to the Roku, and rebooted my modem.   None of these steps fixed the issue.   

Streaming does work from my PC on the same WiFi network.    

When I called the Xfinity support phone number, there was an automated message that there had recently been "upgrades" in my area and I should reboot the modem if I'm having problems.   I also spoke to a representative that said my modem is provisioned correctly.   I did see in some other articles online that an incorrectly provisioned modem can cause this problem.   Can that be double-checked somehow?

The Roku is the primary way I watch Xfinity streaming, so it's obviously frustrating to have it suddenly stop working.  

Thank you for your help.

2 Messages

11 months ago

I just messaged a customer service representative. TL/DR - this is an issues specifically with ROKU equipment and Xfinity. They quoted me 1-2 hours until it's fixed, allegedly. See below for message thread. Thanks for the credit, Ravinder 😊

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Amazing! Same ROKU story here. 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue, Roku works fine and I can get everything else like Netflix, Apple, Hulu, Max etc... the issue is with Xfinity. I'm going to switch to Verizon as there r issues w Xfinity nearly every month. They never ever get back to me. I hv un-installed the app, cleared cache, restarted modem, disconnected wifi & reinstalled everything & nothing works

10 Messages

It would not surprise me that Xfinity has cut off the use of this app with Roku. I switched to Roku on the advise of Xfinity customer service to save $ on my monthly bill. Now paying for no access. Unfortunately my only alternative is satellite tv. 

4 Messages

They want everyone to stream but they also want to find a way to charge exorbitant prices...I bet they'll introduce a new fee. 

1 Message

11 months ago

Same thing for me, today, 2 November 2023.  All other Roku apps working just fine. Xfinity streams perfectly on my phone.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same here. I click on the app in Roku and it kicks me back out! I will try later! Missing my AM news:/

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am having the same issue. It was working earlier last night now it not working I was up late reinstalling the app signing into service etc. like everyone else has done. I have TCL TV w/ Roku. The streaming ap is the primary way I watch xfinity. 

10 Messages

11 months ago

Mine stopped working on all of my TVs. Also however, I can access on my phone using the same Internet connection. This is in Maryland.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

xfinity streaming app does not work on Roku this morning 11/2/2023! It immediately disappears when I click on it!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

same issue here. app bounces back to roku home screen while trying to open, usually right as the ad for a program appears in the background. tried all the usual fixes. all other streaming apps work fine. most likely a comcast issue so i hope they release an updated app soon. i don’t rely on roku, but if i did i would be pretty upset and expect some reimbursement.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

Today the Xfinity app on my Roku stopped working.  I did everything including deleting the app and reinstalling and nothing.  What is everyone else doing?  Can't reach xfinity.  Did they zap it out of Roku to screw people?

2 Messages

11 months ago

same here, xfinity app stopped working 11/1/2023.

rebooted, restarted. factory reset, reset wifi, but app opens and then closes

1 Message

11 months ago

My modem was replaced two days ago at the request of Comcast which was to give me faster speed. I beleived them and let them to complete the replacement. Well this replacement was more about me streaming services and not paying for additional Comcast cable boxes. The technician told me when they came back the next day to troubleshoot the problem that the new modems are not supporting certain streaming devices for this very reason. So for now there are no real fixes for this PROBLEM other then to get rid of Comcast and their HORRIBLE customer serivce and go with Fios. The tech did replace the modem and it worked for about 12 hours before my streaming was dead in the water. Thank you Comcast / Xfinity your greed never fails to amaze me.

2 Messages

11 months ago

Tried it again this morning, still not working 🙄

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I'm having this same issue.  I have unplugged the Roku device, completely reset the Roku Device, re-signed into everything, removed and re-added the xfinity app, checked for updates, restarted my modem, re-added the wireless connection.  It is not working on my tv's.  I can watch it on my computer but it has been working for a year since we moved here.  This is very frustrating!

2 Messages

I have the same problem I have taken the app off three times I don’t have a problem and any other TV and I’ve noticed on the Internet here. Everyone else is having the same problem. Xfinity need to get to act together and get this fixed now.

1 Message

11 months ago

Same as everyone else. Stopped working last night 11/1/23. Still not working this morning 11/2/23. Done all the recommended fixes to no avail. Definitely something Comcast/Xfinity did.  Hope it comes back soon. 

2 Messages

There goes not needing a box for every device. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here