Coasterteck's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 8:00 PM

Xfinity Stream not working on Roku TV

When I went to watch TV today on my Roku TV it came up with an error saying that I am not on my in-home wifi when my TV is connected to the in-home wifi. I have tried every technique I could find and nothing has worked.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@Coasterteck wrote:
When I went to watch TV today on my Roku TV it came up with an error saying that I am not on my in-home wifi when my TV is connected to the in-home wifi. I have tried every technique I could find and nothing has worked.

have you changed your gateway/modem lately? what happens when you use a PC to watch the stream site on same wifi? may be an entitlements issue for apps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

2 y ago

@Coasterteck wrote:

Have not changed anything. Everything else works in the house except for that Roku TV. It worked ever since we got xfinity TV, but just now it got that error message. I have reset the device and modem numerous times and it hasnt helped.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep account background database refresh (this is not done on the set top boxes in your home it is not 'hits' or signals sent to your set top box). if the agent doesn't understand (etc) ask for a supervisor. the refresh of accounts can take up to an hour to complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Have not changed anything. Everything else works in the house except for that Roku TV. It worked ever since we got xfinity TV, but just now it got that error message. I have reset the device and modem numerous times and it hasnt helped.

New to the Community?

Start Here