E

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 10th, 2023 1:40 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream crashes…

Xfinity stream crashes…

… only when I select My Library.  Just started today.  Has worked for years.  Every other link works fine.  It’s just crashing on My Library  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app. Turned my phone off and even logged out/back in. Nothing has fixed it. 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Having this exact same problem. This app is complete garbage. Worst app I’ve ever used. 

Official Employee

• 

956 Messages

Hi @xBlazingSaddles. Does this happen while on WiFi or while on cellular?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’ve reached out to Xfinity twice and they start out with helping, but eventually bail and stop answering. No help what so ever. I pay all this money and I can’t use this service. 

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@EA2023

I am sorry that your Xfintiy Stream app isn't working properly. Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Is the app crashing on your TV, mobile device, tablet or all of the above? What troubleshooting steps, if any, have you tried already?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I definitely just started having the same issue!  I use this all the time - like even in my own home, I still watch things on my iPhone a lot of the time because I can move inside/outside/from room to room and rake it with me.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted all of the obvious things.  Doesn’t matter if I’m in home/out of home/on WiFi/on cellular etc. everything is fine until I touch the “my library” tab at the bottom and it crashes - no error message - it just goes away.  Help! 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@KFS416 I am sorry to hear this has been happening. It would be really frustrating and I'd like to look further into what would be causing this. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

4 Messages

1 year ago

Has anyone had a resolution to this issue?  This started happening on all devices starting after the most recent update.  Tier 2 Customer service was not able to resolve.  

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@workplz104​ 

Two of my recordings had an error where instead of the name of the show it said something along the lines of “Unable to gather information.” I was unable to watch the shows on my phone bc the app would crash when I hit “My library” but I was able to watch them on my TV. Once I deleted those shows the app worked perfectly fine again. Whatever caused the name error must’ve been causing the app to crash. 

Comcast, per usual, was zero help. 

4 Messages

Mine just started randomly working again. I didn’t notice the name error that you mentioned but maybe it was a corrupt file that once deleted allowed the My Library to work again. Who knows. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here