U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 4:56 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream crashes…

… only when I select My Library.  Just started today.  Has worked for years.  Every other link works fine.  It’s just crashing on My Library 

iPad 14.6 and iPhone SE 15.4.1 both have the issue 

I restarted the DVR and logged out / back into app on both devices.  Nothing fixes issue

Official Employee

• 

180 Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @user_8856a1, thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity forums community for assistance. We see you mentioned that you've encountered crashes with Xfinty Stream app upon launching the app in your Library, my team would like to assist. Do you receive any error codes or error messages when this happens?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same problem on both iPhone and iPad, but on most current iOS version. There is no error message. The app just crashes back to the desktop. 

Please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @user_b5c120! I love using the Stream app so I'd be upset if it kept crashing! I'll stick with you here until we get to the bottom of this. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes. We have uninstalled/reinstalled on the iPad several times with no success. I have not tried that on the iPhone yet. 

Official Employee

• 

226 Messages

Have you tried powering down both of your devices and then after turning them back on, are you still having the same issues?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes, of course. Note that I’m a retired EE/Computer Engineer and I’ve already tried all of the simple, logical things that I can think of. Perhaps you would like me to locate logs to send that might actually give more useful information than trial and error. Unfortunately, I have let my Apple Developer account lapse and getting at this information might entail some additional work on my end, but there should be some log info on a straight out crash. 

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

525 Messages

Thank you @user_b5c120, @user_8856a1 are the Apple devices connected to the in-home network? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I’m having the same issues across 3 devices, 2 iPhones and one iPad, app started crashing upon tapping the library icon out of nowhere. I’m a retired IT/IS administrator with computer science background and have done all the obvious things such as uninstalling/reinstalling the app, nothing changes

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue when trying to see programs scheduled. This has been happening for 7 days. I’m not sure what to do. If anything. 

Official Employee

• 

447 Messages

@user_592af7 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum. As a customer myself as well, I personally love the Xfinity Stream App and use it often, so that would definitely be really frustrating. We will get to the bottom of this and get you back on track again together. Have you yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App on the device or devices in question? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Has anyone found a solution to this? It just started happening to me on iPad and iPhone. The app crashes every time I click on library. 

Official Employee

• 

233 Messages

@user_9927d5, Let us know if you are still having trouble with this. We want to make sure everything is working for you. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same problem since I got my Xfinity internet and TV service running after 15 days ( Hurricane Ian). The streaming app crashes when I tap my library. It NEVER happened prior to now. It’s happening on iPhone 13 and iPad. I powered down both devices and it DID NOT resolve the issue. Xfinity- please advise how to resolve this issue. Thanks. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

459 Messages

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with the Xfinity Streaming App. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here