SammyG812's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 26th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream Beta stopped working

I've had a Samsung smart tv for some time now with the Xfinity Stream Beta app installed and working fine.  All of a sudden, I've started receiving a notification that says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...." Its been working flawlessly for months.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@SammyG812 wrote:

I've had a Samsung smart tv for some time now with the Xfinity Stream Beta app installed and working fine.  All of a sudden, I've started receiving a notification that says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...." Its been working flawlessly for months.

the stream app will need to be uninstalled from your Samsung and then unplug the TV for 3-5 minutes. then plug the TV in and reinstall the app and be sure to agree to the terms and conditions. working?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

^ Didn't work for me. I am getting the same thing.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Me as well, I get as far as the loading screen once youve typed in the code displayed. Then it fails.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

do as detailed above (remove app, remove TV power). add power unplug and restart gateway/modem. working? does stream app work using a smart phone/tablet?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

It works on my Iphone but still not on my Samsung TV, it has worked for months.

I did as you stated above and still doesn't work.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah same here. Maybe its important to note that i have my own arris ac1900 modem/router. does that change anything?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

two of us customers are replying but no answer to "does stream app work using a smart phone/tablet?"

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

It works on my phone.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Same for me. Not working on Brand new Samsung TV as of yesterday. My Tablet app is fine. Have done all the steps you suggest and app is still not working. Mine is stuck on a “purchases” screen and will not let me back out, only exit app. Not sure about anyone else.

How do we submit a tech ticket to Xfinity Dev?? This is systemic bug they need to know about.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jetpuck73 wrote:

It works on my phone.

There is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

edit: are you using the same username on both?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I will do that, Thank you. 

I'll let you know what happens.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

All customer service Robot did was send a signal to my cable box. Which did not help. Can’t even get to tech support to get transferred to app support. When will they push an update to fix this Samsung bug????

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Update: I just got off the phone after being transferred five times and finally got someone who told me this beta app outage is a known issue and has been reported. This is nothing to do with device entitlement so do not waste an hour like I just did.

It is a known issue with the app on smart TVs and they are working on a fix. No timeline for when it will be pushed.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@HeatherDB wrote:
Update: I just got off the phone after being transferred five times and finally got someone who told me this beta app outage is a known issue and has been reported. This is nothing to do with device entitlement so do not waste an hour like I just did.

It is a known issue with the app on smart TVs and they are working on a fix. Notimelinee for when it will be pushed.

there would be hundreds of posts about it if it was a nationwide issue. do you have a working set top box installed and working in the home? did you try a smart phone/tablet and the stream app to see if the stream was right on a different device? are you getting error messages on your TV screen?

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue: stuck on purchase screen
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here