U

3 Messages

Thursday, October 3rd, 2024 10:26 PM

Xfinity Stream app stopped working

Xfinity Stream app suddenly missing channels, links go to wrong channels, and many say that we don't have access. Says to login to Xfinity. But the login dialog doesn't go anywhere. This happens on two different TV's (i.e. two different Amazon Fire Sticks). Exact same thing on both.

1 Message

2 days ago

I am having the same issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_ru2dn3! Our engineers have identified an account refresh signal is needed to resolve this issue happening on the stream app. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 days ago

Same here, I deleted and redownloaded the app and now it only shows NBA League Pass, which I don’t have a subscription for. 

2 Messages

2 days ago

Called and they said tech team is working on it.  In a few hours, should be resolved.   It does have a different message now, but still not working. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue on three different setups: LG TV, Roku connected TV and Smart TV. LG TV shows only NBA League Pass (and show subscribe message if I try and go to a channel). Thanks for contacting tech team - let's hope they can correct the problem soon.

2 Messages

Mine is working now.

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

user_5olxg6 We are glad to hear this has been resolved. We are always here for you if you should need us in the future. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 days ago

Happening on Roku as well.  Definitely an Xfinity issue.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

same on all tvs. keeps showing subscribe at the bottom of the screen no matter what channel is selected. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @heav1! This is a known issue, thankfully we have been able to identify the cause and determined the solution. For Roku devices:

Please delete the app from the Roku.

Do a system reset on the Roku.

Add/redownload the Xfinity Stream App on the Roku.

And then log into the Xfinity Stream App.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues after these steps above.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @summerone! Our engineers have informed our team a refresh signal is needed to resolve this issue on the Xfinity Stream app. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 days ago

Weird just happened out of the blue was working fine this morning 

1 Message

2 days ago

I am having the same issue.  The DVR did not record any of my shows this evening and the app on the TV and on my phone will no longer show me the channels listing so I can watch live TV. It also erased all of my furture recordings.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 days ago

Xfinity please post this issue so your customers are aware.  Use your website, mobile app and all other sources.  Please post updates at least hourly. That's good customer service given the circumstances.  My streaming service has been impacted since yesterday and yet very little to no communication from Xfinity.

1 Message

2 days ago

As of Friday morning, my firestick works properly. but my streaming app did not work. I signed out of the iOS app and signed back in using my master account and it works again. So, firestick fixed itself without the need for me to sign in/out. But my iPhone Xfinity app, worked after I signed out and signed back in with master account. I haven't tested what happens if I sign into the Xfinity Streaming app with a sub account though. I was also on my home network when I did this. I think the only channels I was getting when this problem happened was the NBA, NHL and On Go channels. Hope this helps someone.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 hours ago

Hello, @user_8fc9xd. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums regarding the missing content through the Xfinity Stream app. Are there any troubleshooting steps you've attempted to get the issue resolved?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here