U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 4:20 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app sound issues

I use roku streaming stick+ on 3 tv's. On one tv the sound drops very low or goes silent, on another tv it goes very loud or sounds robotic with weird sounds over it. The third tv also drops volume. I can fix it by changing channels and then going back to what I was watching. I have checked for updates, uninstalled, reinstalled and restarted roku. This only happens on Xfinity stream app Netflix Hulu etc is fine.

I also have aan issue sometimes with changing channels. Instead of going to the station it goes back to the roku home page where all apps are shown. These problems didn't happen in the beta version. 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

2 years ago

There are at least 2 dozen that are having the same issue with the sound. We think the app should be rolled back because the new version released on 10/26 is when and what caused it

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the link. How do I add my post to that thread? I'm new on here?

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@user_52d72d​ copy and paste it in your browser (it may or may not have you sign back in) and then scroll to bottom and type your comment and then click post. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We're having the same problem!!!  As is my sister and her family, and several friends!  Before we realized it was the streaming app, thinking the issue was with the speakers, we even took one of our TV's in for repairs!  When we called Xfinity to report the problem, the only answer we received was that we needed to change to a box.  Maybe, this is a good reason to begin looking at changing providers! Fort Wayne, IN.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention here on our Xfinity Forums. I'd like to see if we can perform some account specific troubleshooting and see if we can help find a resolution for you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityBillie​ Look at all of the people complaining about this problem. I just came here for the first time today, because I am getting tired of it. Xfinity employees need to quit trying to insinuate everyone's Roku devise is the problem - IT IS NOT. It is an Xfinity problem, please correct it or roll back the app to a previous version. In addition to the sound problem the audio keep getting to of sync to the video.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hey @user_0958a0 I'd like to work on fixing the issue you are experincing with the Xfinity Stream app on Roku. 

Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Please fix the volume issue! I have 3 televisions with Roku setups and all 3 experience erratic volume issues at various times using Xfinity stream. This was never an issue when the app was still in Beta form. Now at indeterminate intervals the volume will either spike obnoxiously high, drop exceptionally low or just become garbled nonsense. I have found that changing the channel in the app corrects the issue. I simply channel up, then channel back down and the volume is correct again. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!  

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello @user_67f9d3

Thank you for bringing this issue to our Xfinity Community Forums. I would like to see if we can resolve this issue by performing some troubleshooting steps remotely. 

Please send a direct message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
 2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, this happens to us too! Is there a solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Klhellen. I hope you're having a great day. I'd like to help troubleshoot this Volume issue you're experiencing. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for us. Just happened again as I am writing this. Usually happens a couple times an evening. Hopefully you can get a fix, or simply roll back to Xfinity stream beta edition. 

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi @user_eda4d9. Please uninstall the app and reinstall. Also, logging in and out will force any updates there may be.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same as all other posts - 

It is not an issue with Roku or TV.  It’s an xfinity stream app issue and it needs to be fixed asap!!  We are sick of the tv volume going silent, going out of sync with picture, going so loud it sounds like the television speaker is going to blow.  You have to go in and out of the program in order to temporarily fix it .. but it will continue to do it until you close out of xfinity stream and use another streaming app.  All other streaming apps volume do not present any issues.  Many many of us are having same problems ..  please fix or you will be forcing us to leave xfinity completely! 

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_d0c14d Hello and good afternoon, and thank you for reaching out to your Xfinity social media team here on Facebook. I am so sorry to hear that you have also been experiencing these streaming issues, that would definitely be really frustrating. We would be more than happy to help in troubleshooting further. Please send us a private message with your first and last name and service address using the steps below, and we would be more than happy to look into this further.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it

See  https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It does not help to contact. Same old response always the Roku.  Never had this issue until Xfinity did their supposedly update that promised better streaming instead has created a lot of frustration and very unhappy customers.  Time for Xfinity to own the issue and fix it! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here