U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 10:27 PM

XFINITY Stream App Slow to Load

The  XFINITY streaming app takes 45 seconds to load on my LG smart tv which seems long to me. I have a strong single and the XFINITY router is very close. 

Is this the expected load time and if so why does it take so long. 

thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

5 months ago

@user_a2b6e1 Thank you so much for your post on the load time you're experiencing using our Xfinity Stream service on your smart LG TV. For starters, have you visited the settings menu of the TV's operating system and checked for a system update? In many cases, old or outdated OS software can cause performance issues. Is your TV using a hard-wired connection or are you using Wi-Fi? 

Also, do you have any other devices in your home you can check the Xfinity stream app to compare to see if you encounter the same load time? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you your note. My LG tvs use WiFi and are not wired. The OS is up to date and stream rate is normally 30 mb/s to each TV. The app loads fairly quickly on iPads so was wondering why it would be much slower loading to TVs and if it could be something in the app itself. 

thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_a2b6e1 Typically, if the app is acting normally on other devices that leads to an issue with the device or brand that is experiencing the issue. With that in mind, you can try a few things on the TVs. I would start by removing the Xfinity stream app if using a downloaded application and redownloading the all. You can also use these steps here clear temporary files that may be adding to the connection lag. On most LG TVs you can do that by: Press the Home button on your remote to access the home menu.
Navigate to the Settings option and select it.
Scroll down to find the Storage & Reset option and click on it.
Choose the Internal Storage option.
Select the Cached Data option and confirm the deletion when prompted.

Or Press the Home button on your remote to access the home menu.
Navigate to the app you want to clear the cache for.
Press the Options (or Settings) button on your remote.
Select the App Info (or Manage Apps) option.
Choose the Clear Cache option and confirm the deletion if prompted.
Repeat the process for any other apps you want to clear the cache for.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

5 months ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity Stream App help section for assistance.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you for your response.  My LG tv does not have an option to clear cache.  I have cleared cookies and browsing history but do not see any changes. 

I am curious as to how long it takes for others to launch their Xfinity Streaming app on a smart tv. As i mentioned, mine is normally between 45 seconds and a minute which seems very slow.   I currently have an internet speed of 400 Mbps for download and the LG tv browser is consistently in the 25 to 30 Mbps  I am wondering if it is the app and not my environment.  I would appreciate comments

Regards

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem.  I cannot clear cache on my LG.  I have a fairly new router/modem.  I’ve had Xfinity Techs come out and check my connections.  All is fine.  I’ve run Xfinity speed tests and have well over 100Mb/sec.  I went from wireless to direct connect wired Ethernet connection.  No Change.  I Have constant loading problems, frozen screens, delays and ‘This video cannot be played’ messages.  I don’t have problems with Prime or Netflix or any other App.  The worst is during football games.  Constant and frequent interruptions.  IIhave deleted the Xfinity Stream app and reloaded it.  I’ve made sure I have the most updated OS.  I have an LG webOS TV UK6200PUA.  Is it the TV?

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hey, @user_d42d1a! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having issues with the Xfinity Stream app on your LG TV. Have you tried using the app on a different device to see if you have the same issues? As for the clearing of the cache you might have to do a Google search on how to do it for your TV.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I have a new Samsung QN90C and the Xfinity app is painfully slow and unreliable. It takes minutes for almost any action and has given us several app is having a problem messages. Other apps work quickly and reliably. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_031jza, thanks for reaching out for help with your Xfinity App. We are sad to hear this is giving you trouble, and our team is here to help however we can. 

Have you already tried things such as making sure your phone software is up-to-date, and also uninstalling/reinstalling the Xfinity App? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here