U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 29th, 2021 12:26 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app. One account 2 locations

I have one Xfinity account, but 2 separate addresses associated. When I use the stream app at one location it works fine. When I use the stream app at the other location it says I just be connected to my home network, which I am just at this separate address associated with the account. 

how can I use the app at either location? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just ran into a somewhat similar issue:

We have 2 xfinity accounts (one per 2 locations).  I authorized the xfinity stream app (On a Samsung TV) in one location, using my iphone - which turned out to have been logged into my xfinity account from the other location. The xfinity stream app on the TV wouldn't work, claiming it needed to be on the same home wifi network...

I tried re-authorizing the stream app with the correct, same-location account on the iphone - still had the same issue.

I tried deleting the stream app , rebooting the TV, reinstalling the app - still had the same issue.

It appears the stream app on the TV is somehow now associated with the wrong location - any ideas on how to remedy the situation?

thanks!

odk

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_721fed, thank you for reaching out to our team through Forums, are you still experiencing this issue? Thanks for letting us know the steps you've taken to try and resolve the issue. Were you able to follow the instructions on the following link: https://comca.st/2ZJINTV;

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hello XfinityGabby and thanks for the response. I'm still experiencing the issue - I get the on-screen error saying "Welcome! This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home network. Use the app on your smartphone, tablets or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like".   Is there a way to check which of my two home locations does the Xfinity system believe this TV is associated with? Any advice most appreciated...We setup this outdoor TV in our backyard so we could watch live sporting games or shows outdoors with Xfinity Stream and at this point cannot do it until the issue is resolved...

thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues @user_721fed and we'd be happy to check which location your TV is associated with. To get started,  please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

3 years ago

Howdy @user_ef9dcb!

The primary account would be the one that's the default, so it sounds like you may need to switch based on the location you are at. These instructions should help to guide you through switching accounts in your Xfinity apps

I hope that information is helpful! Please let us know either way, so we can make sure that you are able to use your Stream app! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here