U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, February 26th, 2022 10:59 PM

Closed

xfinity stream app on roku

I recently downloaded Xfinity Stream on my Roku Streaming Stick 4K. Everything looked fine so I returned my tv box to the xfinity store. That same night all of the hd channels were gone from the guide and channels in the app were displayed in SD with the picture centered to the screen and a wide border all around it. I have spoken with multiple reps and even did an online chat. The last rep with whom I spoke said she would call back after the tests were finished but I never heard back from her. The only person that gave me a somewhat truthful explanation said that because I only have the basic tv plan that I would not get hd. I had them initially because the box was still on my account. Apparently when the digital box was removed from my account so was the HD code. I don't care so much about hd but I would like to watch my tv in full screen. He said that I could add hd service for $10/month. If I had know that, I would have kept the box for $8.50/month. I spoke with two employees at the store, one of them the manager, and after looking into my account and seeing I had basic tv neither one could tell me that this would happen. In fact they said that returning the box would not have caused this. I would like to get a definitive answer before proceeding. I have been with xfinity for over 35 years. Maybe it is time for a change. Thank you.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_d2478c thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums for support. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had some conflicting information provided to you and I'd love to help clarify everything and get your account set right. When it comes to Xfinity cable services, you are required to have at least one cable box or cable card to be able to hold the entitlements for the service. Without one of these primary devices, the streaming apps will not be able to pull the proper information for what content you should be able to view. 

I would love to review your account with you and make sure that we get it set up properly in the way that best fits your needs. Please send us a DM with your first/last name and service address so we can get this taken care of. :)

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ 

Thanks for responding. There is no chat button to zend a DM. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

... There is no chat button to zend a DM.

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any forums.xfinity.com page:

• Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible  

• Click the "Direct Messaging" iconor https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person but don't do that.

Instead, type Xfinity Support there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here