user-Pa07161's profile

New Poster

• 

19 Messages

Monday, October 10th, 2022 6:35 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app on demand TV GO version is only completing half the episode or less then exits the stream.

When I select a program in the Xfinity stream app on demand like Family Guy or Bob's Burgers it has a problem of only showing half the episode when viewing on TV go channels on my smartphone. I have my ad blocker: Blokada 5 on and it works perfectly fine showing me the episodes from Xfinity stream on demand.

Then today October 10th Columbus Day indigenous peoples day 2022, TV go version of on demand programs show programs only about halfway through it stops and exits like it completed the programming. I have watched complete episodes of tv go programs like a few minutes earlier I finished two complete episode of The Simpsons from season 34, Episodes two and three with the Blokada 5 on. Then I went and watched 10 minutes and 52 seconds worth of a Family Guy episode called "the road to Blockbuster" season 21 episode 2 it's only half the episode. Then I checked to see if the problem was on Bob's Burgers season 13 episode 2  the TV go version also says 9 minutes. What is happening with Xfinity on demand TV go? You're only giving us half the physical episode even though it says there's 10 minutes left. It's like it's not downloading the content. It isn't my ad blocker because it works perfectly fine with Simpsons episodes and last week with the Goldbergs and quantum leap 2022. Even with my ad blocker on I can still watch live programming in my home or on live TV go stations. Something is wrong with Xfinity TV go on demand with apparently Fox programming. And no I will not sit through a commercials like the exact physical same advertisements I have to sit through on Pluto TV app or Tubi's live channels or XUMO. The internet keeps giving me the same commercials over and over and over including the Facebook metaverse a commercial with the farmer and the city planners. So I don't want to sit through the same ones on Xfinity on demand so I I used the TV go version to eliminate anger and stress calm down. Plus I also use my adblock so I don't at the be told what to watch like Fox tell me about programs that I have no desire to watch like the masked Singer. I just come for the program I selected want to watch that, watch it go to the next program watch it and be over with completely. TV go versions should always show the complete episode not half an episode or 9 Minutes worth of an episode or in the case of Family Guy 10 minutes and 52 seconds worth.

Also when you try to stream a TV go movie or program to a Chromecast it automatically switches to a ad served version in-home variant even if you were in progress of watching a movie or program like halfway or a third of the way through it makes you start from the beginning and some programs can't be played from the point of last seen from the TV go version because is a completely different stream and the stream is locked with its fast forward disabled sometimes due to forced ads. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Jeffery-Pa07161, and thanks for sharing your experience here on the Xfinity Community Forum. I wanted to check in to see if this is still happening on your end? For testing purposes, can you try without the ad blocker to see if the experience is the same or not, and let us know? 

New Poster

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Now you have a problem with not showing episode 7 season 1 of quantum leap 2022 without commercials because you do not have the TV Go version available yet even though it's been 2 days since the program aired on Halloween Monday October the 31st 2022. The commercials are 20 minutes worth of frustration and anger of irrelevance of medical commercials and products that are slinged. I have no desire to know about the NBC's The voice or a medical commercials or Don power wash liquid soap. Most of the products are either irrelevant or I already know about them and don't care. All I care about is watching my favorite shows without commercials on "on demand" as I already paid $257 for Comcast Xfinity residential cable, internet and landline phone service just to be slammed with advertisement. 

I can understand live television with commercials as all you're doing is just acting like a over the air rebroadcaster but there's no need for commercials on video on demand services. It's like if I broke my fast forward button on a VHS copy of the program I'm watching that was copied from the cable if I was living in the 1990s again. 

And don't give me some [Edited: "Language"] about how you can't show the program on TV Go right after it is aired because that's [Edited: "Language"] because NBC made quantum leap 2022 and Comcast owns NBC universal. All you really want is people to make the ads play even if they're physically not watching so you can get all that lucrative ad revenue. But you forget that people watching on a phone may not want to sit around wasting their battery juice on some [Edited: "Language"] commercials that are irrelevant. 

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hello, It's up to the network or media company as to how much to leave available. Typically, only the last 3-4 episodes of a current season will be available. Even if it's Comcast-owned NBC, they have to be treated just like any other company. Plus, the Production Company or even writers/actors/producers may have restrictions.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Where’s the dislike button for this 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m ready to sue Comcast I’m sick of them and these false nonsense advertisements….like why [Edited: "Language"] do I have the option to FF and still cannot! Even when I record a show I’m still not able to how [Edited: "Language"] is that possible when I’m paying for that service?! 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here