U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 4:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app not working on iPad

Hi.

when my Xfinity Stream app opens on my iPad, it shows the titles of live shows.  However when I click on one, it tries to load (I see the parade of dots as though it is loading) but it never actually connects to the show.  I can watch shows on other apps (DisneyPlus, NBC Sports app, ESPN) so I know the device is connected and the internet is working.  I can also see the list of shows recorded on my DVR but cannot watch them (same issue as above).

Please help address this issue as it is super frustrating to not be able to watch shows on my iPad.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

3 years ago

@user_88a8bd

Hey there! Glad you reached out, I am happy to help with your streaming troubles. Have you attempted deleting the app and installing it again? I would recommend logging out before deleting the app, then logging back in once the app is reinstalled. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing happened to me today.  Tried all the basic troubleshooting tips you give out.  Thing is this happened all of a sudden as it has worked for years

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

None of the basic troubleshooting tips worked.  All I see are the dots for about 10 minutes then it times out

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for sharing this information, @user_3c4a25. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue and none of the troubleshooting steps have worked. Is this happening on all of your devices or just the iPad? Have you tried rebooting your iPad as well? Is the device up to date with the latest iOS? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I am having the same problem. I tried this on another iPad and it didn’t work on that one, either. I have rebooted the iPad, deleted then installed the app, but it won’t load content. The icons are grey.

Official Employee

• 

910 Messages

@joan912 I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with our app on your iPads. I'm not seeing a fix was reported on this thread, but we can help look into this for you. Thank you as well for providing the steps you've already taken. Let's dig a bit further into this and closer to your account. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3QtP5gx
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here