U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, March 15th, 2024 4:05 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app not working on Android phone

The Xfinity Stream app suddenly stopped working on my Android phone a few days ago. I believe it might have been after an Android update, but I can't say for sure. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22, Android v14 with a March 2024 update.

Symptoms: 

- on the home tab: it just shows 3 white dots (forever).

- on the live TV tab: is does show all my channels, but if I try to watch one of them live, all I get is 3 white dots

- on the My Library tab: it just says "Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please check back later" (I do have DVR service and many shows 'taped')

- on the browse tab: works fine. I can search for shows.

Things I have tried:

- restarted my phone

- logged off of Xfinity Stream app and logged back in

- uninstalled Xfinity Stream app and reinstalled it

- tried using my Xfinity Wi-Fi, another Wi-Fi, and cellar data (no Wi-Fi)

In all cases, nothing changed, exact same symptoms.

Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

Greetings, @user_ba914c! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

It sounds like you've already completed most of the troubleshooting steps I would have tried. Thank you for providing those details. As far as you can tell, is your Galaxy S22 the only device having this issue? Can you confirm normal operation on other devices?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes. I have an iPad and it works fine on that device.

As far as the Galaxy S22, after not working for a week, it has suddenly started working. I made no changes, and believe it received no updates in the background, so I can't explain it.

But for now everything's good.

Thank you for responding.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm so happy to hear that, @user_ba914c! I suppose any win is a good win, even if it is inexplicable. Thank you for letting us know what happened. Please feel free to create a new post if you ever need assistance with anything else. Our amazing community is always ready to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here