B

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, December 8th, 2022 12:36 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not Casting to VIZIO TV with built in Chromecast

I have been streaming live TV to my Vizio TV for months. 

Last night, I tried to cast. It connects, and if I'm fast enough will connect the show I want to watch, but after 25 seconds, it disconnects and returns to the home screen.

I have power cycled my phone, modem, router, and my TV, and even factory reset my TV. I have also searched a lot of the forums, but ultimately nothing works. 

Other apps cast to my TV without issues, so it is not my phone or the TV but appears to be the xfinity stream app.

What is the solution for this? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Been watching this thread for a while as I am having the same issue.  All other apps cast without issue, so it seems like this is strictly an Xfinity problem.  It also seems as if nobody is getting the "support" needed to resolve the issue unless I missed something.  🤔 For a company that prides themselves on just that I at a loss for words. Maybe if we all just cancelled our service at the same time they might want to actually provide support.  I saw a couple of responses from Xfinity employees that wanted us to know that they do not have an agreement with Vizio.  That maybe true and why we can't download the app to our TV, but has nothing to do with the cast function.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_ef7c2b​ 

I already canceled due to lack of response from Xfinity. That was actually Xfinity’s suggestion since it was about local channels. An $11 HD antenna is working great for me.

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Casting the stream app is currently not supported by all devices. What is the device you are trying to cast from and waht is the device that you're trying to cast to?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Why is it not supported by all devices now? It has been all this time. Casting has worked from my iphone and my chromebook to my Vizio tv. Now it doesn't.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_9fd052 Thank you for reaching out. The only guaranteed supported devices are those from Xfinity. All other devices, we must have an agreement in place with the manufacturer. The approve what they want it on or not. Here are our requirements: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

The link you provided is regarding Xfinity Stream App. That's not the issue. The issue we report here is regarding Casting the app to a Vizio Tv.

We have no problem running the Xfinity Stream App on our Chromebook, we just can't Cast it to our Vizio tv any more. This issue started in early December.  

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

Just found out I got this issue too, 2 days ago. The issue only exists on my newer Vizio, it doesn't on the older Vizio.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue on a vizio tv I just purchased on December 20th.  I have been working with vizio and xfinity for 2 days.

The tv worked fine with the xfinity stream app up until 2 days ago.  Xfinity acts like they have never heard of this issue , but after reading this forum I think they are lying to me. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Purchase new TV's or cancel 15 years of Xfinity.  Just stumbled across this forum when searching this issue and I'm shocked at the amount of people with this experience and no resolution.  This clearly came from a recent App update and a bug fix should correct.  How is it not made known at this point?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue! Ant updates?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue for me stops casting after 15 or 20 seconds

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Doesn't seem like this issue is ever going to be resolved.  Xfinity doesn't seem to be responding at all anymore.  Has anyone spoken with Vizio?  If so, what have they said?

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_4570b8​ I spoke with Vizio.  They said it was an Xfinity issue and we would have to contact them. Again, Xfinity reps will not discuss it on the phone with you.

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

Here are a couple of articles regarding casting: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/mobile-casting-with-x1-or-flex and https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cast-xfinity-stream-to-chromecast. Have you also tried deleting the Xfinity Stream app and reinstalling it?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityRose​ Really? That's misbehaving app 101!! Are there any truly helpful agents at Xfinity?  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same issue after Vizio firmware update.  Has this been resolved yet?  

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @user_439ec7 Thanks for reporting this to us. I'd be happy to troubleshoot so we can get this resolved. Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_439ec7​ Still broken....

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is incredibly frustrating. I've had no problem casting from my Xfinity Stream app to my Vizio TV previously and now it suddenly no longer works.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

I'm so sorry to hear this, @user_a28e60!

Since the Stream app on your Vizio TV was working prior, have there been any changes to service or updates to the TV? To ensure we're covering all the bases, everything meets the eligibility requirements found here, correct?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Are there any truly helpful agents at Xfinity? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same issue.  Looks like it's been going on for awhile with no resolution.  Just removed and reinstalled my app.  Still doesn't work.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue with my Vizio TV.  Everything was working perfectly, and then nothing.  The Xfinity app tries to cast, and then immediately shuts down.  I tried all of the tricks that everyone mentioned with no success.  Spent hours on the phone with Vizio, and then with Comcast;  they seem to be blaming each other.  The Xfinity streaming app appears to work with other brand TVs, but not with my newest TV.... a Vizio.

FIX THE APP, XFINITY!!!!!!!!!

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_061405​ 

Xfinity is a joke.  I had the same experience. Spent hours on the phone with both companies (had a hard time understanding the customer service reps at both companies). They both blamed each other. Xfinity acted like they didn’t know about the issue but they do.  She actually recommended I cancel my service because I mainly wanted to record the local news and stream it later. So, I did!  I bought a $10 HD TV antennae and a Tablo DVR and do everything I wanted to do with no monthly bill from Xfinity!!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I feel very discriminated against being a Vizio user.  Everyone else gets to stream and use Chromecast but us.  Why is that?  It sure feels like no one even cares either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Vizio performed a software update on my VIZIO and that is when my connection issue began. I get disconnected after about 25 seconds. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Having the exact same issue 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Well that [Edited: "Language"] since I have three Vizio tvs. Now what. Unbelievable 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We can certainly understand the desire to utilize it on your chromecast devices, though due to compatibility, in some cases it may end up in change. As provided by one of our teammates above you can check the following document for how to cast. Additionally there are some references within to review eligibility and requirements.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/cast-xfinity-stream-to-chromecast

Please let us know what other questions you may have! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here