U

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023 9:36 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app freezes

When I a watching a recorded program on the xfinity app either on my iPad or iPhone, the video freezes usually during the first or second round of commercials but the audio continues.  I have deleted the app numerous times, turned the devises on and off and nothing seems to work.  This has been ongoing and is very frustrating.  Has anyone found a solution for this?  Thanks

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I am seeing same condition on all my mobile devices.  Has been going on for over 2 weeks now. Also downloading the program and playing it offline doesn't work either.  Same result. What's your response Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

771 Messages

@user_p08m15 Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

9 months ago

Good afternoon, @user_p08m15! I am sorry to hear about the Stream app freezing up while the audio plays. That would drive me a bit crazy to deal with as well! I checked and this issue does match a known issue our engineering team is working on. The ticket shows it is only affecting a certain area of the country so I want to be sure it covers you as well. If not, we should troubleshoot and most likely open a ticket. I show this is affecting customers in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV. Does that cover your address? 

2 Messages

No I am in New Jersey. I am however  on the border of PA   
thank you 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

That is very close, @user_p08m15. Since this matches exactly what you are experiencing and you are so close no troubleshooting will be needed. We will monitor this issue and let you know here when it has been resolved. Engineering issues can take longer to resolve than most other issues so I don't have an estimate on when to expect this to be resolved. It is usually a couple of weeks. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi, @user_p08m15 and thread. I wanted to stop by and let everyone know that the engineering team is continuing to work on this issue. I will be keeping an eye on this and be back in touch here. Thank you once again for all of your patience while we get this fixed!

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

This issue is reported multiple times on the Community. It has been an issue for three years. I don’t think patience by your customers is reasonable to ask for at this point.

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

And I am in Colorado, not a region you claim has an issue.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here