U

Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 4:48 PM

Closed

Xfinity app

I’m new to Xfinity Internet. The Internet is working fine. However when I hook my smart TVs up to the network, it will not access live channels from the Xfinity app. What’s wrong?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_n27lue thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post, you have contacted the right place for assistance. We appreciate you recently joining the Xfinity family, and I completely understand wanting to be able to utilize the Xfinity Stream App. 

Certain channels will require you have TV service with the corresponding channel to be able to view that content. We do offer some free ad-supported TV for all customers, regardless of having TV service: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/free-streaming-channels. 

Available channels

There are a variety of streaming channels available across many genres, including news, entertainment, family, kids and more.

These networks can be viewed on the Xfinity Stream app and portal:

• Accuweather Now
  • Dateline 24/7
  • Lo Mejor de Telemundo
  • NBC News Now
  • Sky News
  • Telemundo Al Día
  • TODAY All Day
  • Xumo Free Action Movies
  • Xumo Free Black Cinema
  • Xumo Free Bollywood & Indian Cinema
  • Xumo Free Comedy Movies
  • Xumo Free Comedy TV
  • Xumo Free Crime TV
  • Xumo Free Documentaries
  • Xumo Free Drama & Action TV
  • Xumo Free Family Movies
  • Xumo Free Food TV
  • Xumo Free Game Show
  • Xumo Free Horror & Thriller Movies
  • Xumo Free KIDS
  • Xumo Free Movies
  • Xumo Free Reality TV
  • Xumo Free Sci Fi & Fantasy Movies
  • Xumo Free Travel & Lifestyle
  • Xumo Free Westerns
  • Xumo Her Free Movies
  • Xumo Nature & Wildlife

- Are these the channels you are trying to access on the Xfinity Stream App?

- Do you have a Samsung Smart TV?  If so there is a know issue with the Xfinity Stream App, and you may need to have your TV do an update. This Forums post is great if you need to perform that: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/tvapp00148/65a81e375bd1d830a3212f42. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here