U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 5th, 2023 1:42 PM

Closed

Xfinity app sound off on Roku, happens continually

Sound is off on video.. fix by backing off channel (or all the way off app) then going back. Problem fixes , but generally reoccurs after an hour or so. As noted in subject line, this only happens with Xfinity app; none of my other apps have this problem...

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_30e4eb , thank you for reaching out to us via Xfinity Community Forums. I'm bummed to hear of your sound issue with Xfinity Stream app. I know I would be reaching out as well to find out what is going on. I'm glad to hear all else is working properly. When I experience issues with apps on my Roku, I make sure to delete them, power cycle the Roku and then reload. I find this helps to reset and refresh the app and takes care of issues. Can you share if you have taken this step? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity is a joke. This problem has been ongoing for over 9 months since they upgraded the beta version of the app. I put a ticket in months ago and nothing has been done. This is a Xfinity issue and I just spent 2.5 hours chatting with 4 different people to get nowhere. I had some discounts on my account that just expired and so now I am paying more for this poor service. They just want to adjust your service but no help lower your bill or fixing this problem. No ideal when or if it ever will be. This problem does not exist if you are renting their equipment which means residual income for xfinity, see any connection here? They have trained there technicians to play dumb about the issue that just frustrates everyone. Over 9 months to fix this? Realy, everything was fine with the beta version. 

Problem Solver

• 

528 Messages

Hello! I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send me a private message with your full name and full address. I can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity should provide users with free boxes until they have a properly working streaming app

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hello, @jknelson65. Thank you for your feedback. Is the sound not working when you watch the Stream app on Roku as well? If it is not working, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here