Nova1024's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Mon, Sep 2, 2019 1:00 PM

Xfinity app on Roku, won’t play, black screen.

All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Nova1024 wrote:
All logged in and set up, but the app won’t stream a thing. Just goes to a black screen. Same thing on my iPhone, wanted to test it out. A real bummer.

does the roku play normally using youtube channel for example? what were you doing on your iphone? (just watching a streaming video?) 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Nova1024 wrote:
Yes, I tried out multiple steaming apps on the Roku and they worked just fine.

did you try streaming on your phone directly to the phone screen? you didn't say what you were doing on the phone to get the black screen previously.

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 y ago

I have the same issue with my Roku. I can stream other content on my Roku but Xfinity Stream either goes to a black screen or sometime says error, try again.

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@FowlerA wrote:

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?


from the roku menu move highlight to xfinity beta channel and press the * (star) key. select uninstall. after uninstall, remove all power cords and HDMI cords from the roku for 30 seconds or more. plug back in and reinstall the Roku channel. working?

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 y ago

That seemed to work. I had the issue on 2 Rokus. One fixed itself and the other was fixed by deleting and re-installing the app. Thanks!

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

2 y ago

SAME PROBLEM

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

I am having this same problem with two rokus right now. Deleting and re-installing did not help

applehazar

Regular Contributor

 • 

295 Messages

2 y ago

Sounds like this is nationwide. Been happening most of this afternoon from what I read. I am in Ann Arbor mi. Both my Roku’s load guide works when hit watch blank screen.

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

I have been having same problem all night since I got home from work, is this common with Roku, I have only had for a month and have been happy so far, but if this is a common problem, not sure what to do. I can't get mine back working 

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

Same thing here around Chicago!

Any ideas what it might be?

The app was updated October 3rd 2019, I wonder if got pushed out?

 

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

My husband and I have a Roku TV and peripheral Roku on a different TV and on both we cannot watch Xfinity stream. We had no trouble streaming before this week. This is beyond frustrating. We’ve tried everything! We’ve deleted the app and reinstalled 3 to 4 times with no luck. Checked for updates. Reset and restarted the Rokus several times. We can watch Xfinity Stream on my iPhone, but it’s small and we have TVs because we like to watch things together and well...big! Sigh. We’d really like it if someone would fix this!
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@LBaldwin wrote:
My husband and I have a Roku TV and peripheral Roku on a different TV and on both we cannot watch Xfinity stream. We had no trouble streaming before this week. This is beyond frustrating. We’ve tried everything! We’ve deleted the app and reinstalled 3 to 4 times with no luck. Checked for updates. Reset and restarted the Rokus several times. We can watch Xfinity Stream on my iPhone, but it’s small and we have TVs because we like to watch things together and well...big! Sigh. We’d really like it if someone would fix this!

what is the error msg or issue when you select the xfinity stream channel? error message? error code?

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

1 y ago

Same issue in Marietta, GA

I have uninstalled app, removed all cables, plugged back in and resinstalled app (all steps multiple times) and still not working.

 

When can we get a resolution?  This appears to be a nation-wide issue.

New to the Community?

Start Here