moreorless's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 15th, 2023 11:44 AM

Closed

xfinity app on fire tv audio issues

The audio level is very very inconsistent while using the xfinity app.   The volume used to be predictable,  and I would set it to 25 on my TV.   Starting yesterday,   I have to set the volume to 50 at times (usually while live streaming xfinity content) and 25 at other times (usually when ads are playing).  

I checked and my app is the latest version.  I restarted my TV.  No change.  

Probably time for a new, better version - please fix this.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having the same problem with the app and my Chromecast and Roku.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @ryanL78! Thanks for spending your time to reach out for help with the audio issues on your Chromecast and Roku devices. I stream the app on my Rokus, so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We are the perfect place to go for help. To further assist, can you tell us if the audio issue is occurring on a single stream or on all?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Howdy @moreorless

I hope you are having an awesome day! I hope it would be okay to ask a few connectivity questions. First, I was hoping to confirm if the Fire TV connected via HDMI ARC to a soundbar? 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

There is no sound bar connected. Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please confirm the specific make/model of the TV? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Model is: INSIGNIA_NS-24F202NA23

Software: FireOS 7.6.4.6(PS7646/3550)

App version 7.6.0.6

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Awesome! Thank you @moreorless , I was hoping that I might be able to run a refresh of the bootfile on the modem. Once we are able to refresh that information, I was looking to also refresh your online profile. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here