BReal0684's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, June 8th, 2023 11:12 PM

Closed

Xfinity App Not Working

I finally got my Xfinity streaming app to work with Firestick. It took about a week. First I called Xfinity, and they ran all kinds of tests. Useless. Then I called Amazon Firestick support. They said they were working on the problem. After I got off the phone, I noticed they had changed the message on my TV screen that you needed an iOS 6.0 Firestick. Mine was iOS 5.25.

After much more research, I realized that my 2017 Samsung smart TV no longer supported the Xfinity Streaming app. So after all that I decided to trade in my Amazon firestick for 20% off a new 4k Firestick with a $3 trade in value. I bought the $32 fire stick and paid $22 for the new one. I now have the Xfinity streaming app back and all my channels. It took about 20 hours too figure this all out. Never give up.!!

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @BReal0684 , thank you for taking the time to reach out to our great team through Forums. I see you were able to resolve your issue with your Amazon Firestick. Way to go! Can you let me know an update if all continues to be good to go? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here