U

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 1:21 AM

Xfinity app not working on Apple TV

The xfinity stream app will not sign in on my Apple TV device.  The stream app works in all my other Apple devices in my home like phone tablet but will not log in on Apple TV.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_8es0sr! Are you receiving any error messages or error codes when trying to use the Xfinity steam app on your Apple TV?

3 Messages

yes it says the below.

Welcome

This device can only access xfinity stream on you in-home xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, anytime you like.  

note I  am getting the above message on my in home WiFi. Called comcast they said it should be working, tech came out and could not get it to work.  The tech even switched to a newer WiFi router still no go.  The tech said he uses the same device at his residence and it works fine.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I appreciate you for clarifying that @user_8es0sr! Could you please open Settings on the Apple TV. select General, Region, and then make sure the region is correct? 

Additionally, could you please select Settings, General, About, and see what OS version your Apple TV is using?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Region is set for United States and I am on tvOS 17.3 

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

Hi there, @user_8es0sr I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with the Xfinity Stream App not working with your Apple TV. Let's get you account pulled up so we can look into this deeper for you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 days ago

I am having the same issue and the same message on my Apple tv. Any solution for this issue?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_6xvcr7 Are you seeing any sort of error messages when you access the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple TV device? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here