M

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 26th, 2024 3:22 AM

Closed

Why….Why in-home?

Why is this now a thing? “Due to licensing agreements, some content can only be viewed on your in-home WiFi.”

When did this become a new thing when attempting to watch channels or ondemand using the xfinity app? Are you all not getting enough of our money so we can watch things while not in-home on our WiFi?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

9 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us @Mortonandco! The TV shows and movies (free to watch, available to rent for a fee or for purchase) with an Xfinity TV package are under licensing agreements that can limit where and the amount of time we offer programming in the Xfinity Stream app. 

Most of the channels we provide to you are owned by media companies other than Comcast. We obtain the rights to carry channels according to agreements (or contracts) with those companies.

For more information, we have this really handy link.

Frequent Visitor

• 

30 Messages

I am on my storm ready Wi-Fi in my home due to a power outage and I can’t stream the NfL game?!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Notgettingmymai. Thanks for reaching our team on Forums, we certainly understand the importance of being able to enjoy your favorite shows especially during the NFL playoff season. Were you getting an error message and where were you attempting to stream the NFL game?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here