dthaler's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, February 26th, 2022 5:44 PM

Closed

Why is the "null" problem so mysterious

There are multiple examples in this forum of people descending into an infinite loop when trying to log on to the Stream App - 1) put in username and password, 2) send text code to your phone number accurately listed as ***-***-8127, 3) text code received on appropriate phone, 4) code entered, 5) returned to the "send text code" screen with the phone number now listed as ***-***-null, 6) scream again, and again, and again.

I REALLY don't understand this. Bought a brand new iPad. Stream app can not log on because of the infinite loop described above. I've spent 2.5 hours on 3 separate calls/chats with Xfinity support. They all behave as if they have never heard of this error. Even after I've asked them directly, they can not answer this question - have you not heard of this before? This problem goes back months on this forum. I really really want this fixed on my new iPad. The app is working on my phone and my OLD iPad without difficulty. XFINITY Support - PLEASE FIX THIS and PLEASE respond to me but PLEASE DON'T tell me to call the regular 800 number because I have not resolved the issue there - "we will escalate and get back to you" - which hasn't happened. I have 2 case numbers now. PLEASE DO respond to me if I can speak with someone WHO KNOWS THIS ISSUE and HOW TO RESOLVE IT. After 20+ years as a Comcast customer, this is just about breaking me.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Agreed, super frustrating. I'm sitting here debating calling the phone support line because i can't get it resolved and i need to use the app later to set up a new modem.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@jchabalk​ Thanks for the camaraderie - i haven't heard back from Xfinity support but will post when i do - 

Xfinity support - are you out there? Hello?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I had a suspicion this would fix it - and it did. Although it's a terrible solution.

- I logged into my account on a computer since that always works fine.

- I disabled 2-factor authentication.

- Once i did that reattempted logging into the XFinity phone app and it worked perfectly.

- Then i re-enabled 2-factor auth on my account from the web browser

- XFinity needs to fix their auth problems (and not by reducing the security of our accounts)

If i need to login to the app again i'll have to do the same thing. This happened to me with xfinity several years ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @dthaler! Thank you for bringing your shared concerns to the community for assistance. We appreciate your patience while researching solutions with others in the forum, and I'd love to help in any way that I can today! It looks like @jchabalk found a work around to avoid the looping error you ran into, but this is definitely something we'd love to address if the fix is only temporary. Have you tried following that recommended solution? If so, are you still running into issues logging into the Stream app?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Yes it worked but i have not turned 2-FA back on - i'm worried that it'll just happen again if i need to log on for some reason. Too annoying.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hi, @dthaler. Thank you for letting us know that the fix from @jchabalk worked. When you have some further time that you feel like working on this a bit further, we would love for you to try logging into the app and see if the problem persists once again. We want to ensure this issue is fixed and does not persist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here