jerseyguy0's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 1st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Why does the xfinity app on Roku ask me to authorize everyday

I have a Roku and the Xfinity app asks me to authorize everyday, most times it asks me more than once a day. I have many other apps on the Roku and none of them ask me to authorize as often. Any ideas? It is very frustrating. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jerseyguy0 wrote:

I have a Roku and the Xfinity app asks me to authorize everyday, most times it asks me more than once a day. I have many other apps on the Roku and none of them ask me to authorize as often. Any ideas? It is very frustrating. 

the authorization may be repeated for many issues. any connection change (from home to xfinitywifi for example) in-home, or any connection/move to a different gateway router, or if your number of in-use streaming device limit is exceeded can cause what you describe.  also, be sure that the device is powered by external power so that loss of power if it comes from the TV is not causing a device reset/restart when TV is powered off.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, thank you for your reply. I have 3 roku devices, two are internal to the TV and one is external to the TV. As this is happening on all 3 devices I suspect its due to the limit on devices that you mentioned. How do I tell what my limit is? 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I found this, there is no way I am exceeding the 5 devices at a time limit. 

How many Partner Devices can I use?
Xfinity TV customers can stream to up to five devices at the same time, with a total of 45 devices registered on the account. The limit of five simultaneously streaming devices includes Partner Devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers. Xfinity Instant TV customers can stream to up to two devices at the same time.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am sorry I do not understand. I do have an X1 Set top box, it is hooked up and working. Does that mean I can have 5 other devices? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jerseyguy0 wrote:

I found this, there is no way I am exceeding the 5 devices at a time limit. 

How many Partner Devices can I use?
Xfinity TV customers can stream to up to five devices at the same time, with a total of 45 devices registered on the account. The limit of five simultaneously streaming devices includes Partner Devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers. Xfinity Instant TV customers can stream to up to two devices at the same time.

that's why we ask if you have an installed and working (not sitting in a closet) x1 set top box. it changes 2 at a time to 5 at a time. note that the x1 set top boxes can be one of the streaming devices sometimes.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jerseyguy0 wrote:

I am sorry I do not understand. I do have an X1 Set top box, it is hooked up and working. Does that mean I can have 5 other devices? 

you can have up to 45 authorized (per previous posts) but only max of 5 in use at any one time. keep in mind that your set top box(es) count as in use when they are streaming from your home DVR or when using internet 'marked' apps.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My X1 box is off almost all of the time and I only have one or two at the most on at any point in time. I do not think this is causing my authorization issues. Do you have any other suggestions? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here