U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 4th, 2021 9:13 AM

Closed

What’s up with all the Spanish commercials

Every other commercial on the Xfinity stream app is in Spanish why smh . My family and I don’t speak Spanish so why am I getting these commercials seems like more and more every day 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_a15c75 Thank you for reaching out to us about these ads in a different language! I understand this can be very frustrating and we have an easy fix for you. Please make sure to log in to the Xfinity Stream portal at https://comca.st/3uQ7R5K and click on 'Settings' once there please click on "Language" and make sure both are set to English. You can log out and log back in. If you are still having issues with the ads in Spanish please let me know. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I came here for this exact same reason. It's annoying AF to keep getting Spanish commercials.

I followed the instructions above and (as expected) both SAP and Main Language are both English (I never changed them, so don't see why they'd be anything but English either).

I also checked on my actual Amazon FireTV (running your Xfinity app) and it also was English (of course)

So now what? How do I make this stop.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello everyone! 

I can definitely understand how it may be frustrating to see commercials in different languages. Unfortunately, that is not something we have control over. Commercials are run by each individual network and are determined by their contracts with the various businesses looking to advertise on their network. We simply transmit the broadcast that each network is providing to us, back to you.  

Depending on the network, they may have an option on their website to provide feedback on their content, so I recommend checking that out. :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

This makes no sense. It's on CNN... something I watch on real TV (xfinity coax cable via TiVo) all the time and I do not get them there. These commercials are on YOUR xfinity app (FireTV). And in fact there are times like right now as I'm watching the app that it says "Commerical break in progress CNNgo will resume momentarily". So your app certainly knows about commercials and which to play and when.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Thanks for providing such great details, and you're right there are some AI factors that aid the networks in knowing what commercials to air but again we have not impact on what commercials appear on their network. You would have to reach out to CNN directly to have this addressed. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same issue.  Languages set to English for both so the above fix doesn't apply to me.  It's not an SAP issue, the commercials themselves are in Spanish.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi 1010or, thanks for posting here on our forum regarding this concern. Can you tell me if you have this issue on all the channels or are you only noticing this on certain channels? Can you provide the channel number for us here? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I also am seeing only the xfinity commercials in Spanish when I am watching On Demand

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

I have the same issue. The ads are for Xfinity and I only see them at the beginning of an on demand program.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @TippiH. I was wondering if when you checked the SAP options for the program if you toggled the option from Spanish to English. This happened to me once and when I checked it showed English. I toggled the option and then it started working properly for me. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am A computer help desk analyst in the corporate sector with 25 years experience. I too am getting the very annoying Spanish commercials through Peacock which is NBC. I don’t get it on any other channels.  I followed the instructions went to that part of the stream app and both language settings are set on English. With so many people complaining about this and so many people finding it on multiple channels (which honestly I didn’t really check because I don’t really watch those especially fake news CNN) you really need to look into this deeper than to say you bounce a stream that’s not an excuse because if it is coming through to lots of different people on lots of different networks that excuse makes zero technological sense. Escalate this issue upwards and get it fixed. Hearing commercials in any other language other than English is annoying.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

What everyone is failing to mention is, it is in fact an Xfinity promotional commercial and it is completely in Spanish all of the other commercials are in English and the shows are in English, again it's just the Xfinity commercial that is in Spanish. No changing of any settings will correct this 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

Anyone at all who is having any concerns can reach out to us here! You can simply follow the above steps and send us a DM with your name and address! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here