U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jan 20, 2022 5:09 PM

Video freezes and audio continues on iPad when watching recordings on streaming app

While watching a recording on the Xfinity Streaming app on my iPad the video will freeze and the audio continues if I try to fast forward. It will often restart from the beginning of the show I'm watching after buffering for a long time as well. Recordings work find on my TV and don't freeze if I fast forward. My wifi that I'm connected to on my iPad works well and I have had no issues with streaming from other platforms like HBO MAX, Netflix and Apple TV.

I have tried everything: I have logged out, I have restarted the app, I have restarted my iPad, downloaded the latest iPad update, cleared all apps, checked for app update, deleted app and reloaded it, nothing works. I even downloaded the video to my iPad through the app and that freezes too. The issue continues to occur very frequently.

This has been happening for months and I know this is an ongoing issue that comcast has not addressed because there are MANY forum online that describe this same issue. If I am paying for a service and can't use it why am I paying for it??

I am always on wifi and it is only with recordings not on demand (but the point of recording is so I don't have to sit through commercials).  Literaly every single thing I record I cant watch because it freezes half way through and there is no way to fix it

This issue has been going on for months. I have attempted to get help in resolving this issue with multiple comcast customer service agents and every time they say they are working on the issue but then they disconnect from the chat and someone else comes on and I have to explain it all over again. I have spent WAY too much of my time on this and if it doesn't get resolved with this final attempt, I am canceling my services and going else where. I am so disappointed in comcast time and time again. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I also have the same issue on multiple IOS devices. When you download a show to play while you are disconnected from the Internet the program will play for less than 5 minutes. Then the video freezes and the audio continues. One thing I did was to download a show that I had recorded about 18 months ago. That played back fine. I then downloaded a show that I had recorded a week ago and that froze at around the 4 minute mark. Seems to me like Xfinity changed the way that they are recording shows. The app does not seem to handle the new recording format. That is just a guess based on my experience.

Why can't one of the software engineers at Comcast test this for us and come up with a solution? There are hundreds of Comcast customers who are experiencing this issue and we deserve a resolution.

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

@user_c23525 Thank you for reaching out about the issues that you're having with your Xfinty Stream Beta App. I would like to assist you. What troubleshooting if any have you attempted? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I told you that I downloaded an old program that I had recorded 18 months ago and that one played fine. When I download a newly recorded program it has the exact same symptoms that everyone else is having. The program plays for approximately 5 minutes and then the audio continues and the video freezes. Many people including myself have complained about this very same issue. Why do you ask what troubleshooting that we have done? It is your app. We pay a lot of money each month to Comcast. Why don't your engineers download recorded programs and watch them freeze when you play them back. At that point YOU can troubleshoot the issue. Why are you asking your customers to troubleshoot the issue? We deserve a resolution and rather than asking what we have done to solve the issue. Please do your job and fix the issue. Your customers deserve a resolution. 

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

344 Messages

I understand your frustration, and thank you for your feedback. I will pass it along as we work on brining a temporary resolution to these DVR issues. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityDanielC​  I am curious why you call the Xfinity Stream app a "beta app?" It has been in existence for several years, right?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ It is not a "DVR issue;" it is an issue with the app. Our DVR's work just fine!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you. I look forward to a resolution

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

@user_c23525 We would certainly let you know once a fix for this issue has been implemented.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

2 m ago

I also have the same issue.  On the iPad and the iPhone. And I have updated the app on both. Restart the show and it glitches at the same

Place. I’ve even downloaded the show and it still stops playback at then same place.  It’s like there’s some sort of little

hiccup in the recorded file that the tv software can get by but the iOS software hangs on. Any hope of a solution soon?

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

also I saw that xfinity recommended going through the website. I just tried one of the problem recordings on safari and it still hangs up and the audio continues but the video stops. So watching through the website is not a workaround

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes, I also tried that supposed workaround (go to Xfinity website on my ipad) and it did not work.  Thanks. 

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

@Coloradohiker​ it does work on a PC to watch it on the streaming app on the website.  So the problem seems to be with iOS devices.

Official Employee

• 

135 Messages

Hey there @Coloradohiker! Are you still having issues with this and need help?

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ I am still having problems.  As are the others on this thread.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I’m experiencing the same issue on the Xfinity app on my LG Smart TV and my iPhone.  This is annoying and has been happening for months.  Please resolve this issue.  

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_251019 Thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing the issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We've all tried every troubleshooting ever suggested. How about getting your engineers to pop for an IOS appliance and troubleshoot yourselves after you replicate this issue. For me its on my Ipad and while simultaneously watching CNBC on my Roku there is NO BUFFERING. ITS an IOS issue!! 

How many customers need to complain about this before you comment with some type of acknowledgement that its a KNOWN ISSUE and apologize and even offer some monthly rebate to proven IOS Xfinity app users until this is fixed? 

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityAbbie​ you can see that we have all done the troubleshooting.   Please just fix the problem.  It's not on our end. It's on yours.

Official Employee

• 

397 Messages

Hi, @trymph. Thank you for reaching out to us. I definitely understand how something like this would be frustrating. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so that I can look into this further?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Perfectly articulated. I have exactly the same problem and have tried all these remedies.  I experience the freezing, audio cut outs and black screen on my iPad more randomly.  This week I am experiencing it on all recorded programs played on my iPad. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

Well articulated.  I have almost exactly the same experience.  The freezing and audio cutting out started about 4 or 5 months ago. It was random.   I did most of the problem solving and the problems occurred less frequently.  This past week the issues have increased dramatically.  The video screen freezes.  The audio continues.  I quit and them resume.  I only  get a black screen.  

If I go watch on my TV the recording works fine.

If I watch any other streaming app, they all work just fine.

The freeze and audio cut out only happens with Xfinity.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

Having the same problems on my iPad & I have looked over the feed & already tried all the mentioned remedies except downloading the episodes but everything short of that has not worked. Please Fix this problem!

XfinityLinda

Official Employee

• 

407 Messages

Hello, @Dan1648! Thank you for connecting here. We are happy to help. Since this is a 5-month-old thread, we ask for you to please create a new thread, so we may assist there. Thank you!  

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ that makes no sense.  if it's an ongoing issue and there's been no resolution, why start a new thread to make it look like a new issue?  It's an issue that has not been fixed and keeping it all together can help your team troubleshoot.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I have the exact same problem with Xfinity stream on Apple TV. After awhile the video freezes but the audio continues. Once it messes up there, it stays frozen if I try to watch the same show (in my case braves baseball games) on iPad. It happens without fail during every game. I’ve updated to latest version of Apple TV app but the games still freeze around midway through a game

user_MikeG

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Hello @Barrydwelch, I appreciate you reaching out to us for assistance with your video issues with Apple TV. We are aware that there is an intermittent issue occurring with some iOS devices, so I just want to get some clarification on your issue. Is this happening with recordings and live TV? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I am having the same issue, with downloads or watching live in the app.  I download because I’m flying, so using website is pointless.  This has been having for a few years.    Adding to this to follow 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here on out Xfinity Forums, I'd be more than happy to help with troubleshooting and finding a resolution for you with the Xfinity Stream app. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here