U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 25th, 2023 1:10 AM

Closed

Update on XS app not working

I've tried everything to update this app on my firestick. Updated. Still getting update in Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore prompt. Help!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Exact same thing is happening on all of my firesticks.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here, no fix found yet.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_262ce0 Thank you so much for letting us know you are also encountering an issue with the Xfinity Stream app when using your Firestick. If you are still running into this issue please send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

1 year ago

Howdy @user_454e30, and others! 

Is this only happening on the Firestick and with the Xfinity Stream app? Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Stream app, and restarting/disconnecting and reconnecting the device? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

The Xfinity Stream app is working fine on iPhone and iPad, so from my experience, it seems that the app is only not working on the Firestick.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times.  I have restarted the Firestick multiple times.  I have disconnected and reconnected the Firestick multiple times, but the issue is still unresolved.  It seems that the Xfinity Stream app may not be updated to the latest version in the Amazon App Store because the app version that I installed today is the same version that I uninstalled.  

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

@user_107a96 I truly apologize for the troubles experienced accessing our Xfinity Stream app on your Firestick. I am here and will investigate.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Was on the phone with Xfinity for 2 hours. No one knows anything about this problem. Sorry. No fixes for this right now. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... Still getting update in Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore prompt. ...

Please see https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-on-amazon-fire-tv-stick-and-tablet-devices/64766f2aae2d900d21c87dc5

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Both of my firesticks were 2nd generation and were not capable of updating to the new OS, so I purchased a new firestick today (3rd generation) and the Xfinity app is working flawlessly.  Even an added channel guide feature on the app now.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here