CB_BU20's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 5:00 AM

Unable to stream message

I continue to get the following error when trying to stream recorded programs from the app on my android device: "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again." I am not connected to any external devices.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

1 y ago


@CB_BU20 wrote:
I continue to get the following error when trying to stream recorded programs from the app on my android device: "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions. Please disconnect any external devices (including HDMI, screen mirroring, or casting devices) and try again." I am not connected to any external devices.

need to unload any screen sharing/mirror apps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

1 y ago

What would be a screen sharing or mirroring app? I dont have any other app but the Stream and mouse toggle running. Everything works great until I get to the point where the program is going to turn on and it says not playable under current device. Why?????
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

1 y ago


@Csmon wrote:
What would be a screen sharing or mirroring app? I dont have any other app but the Stream and mouse toggle running. Everything works great until I get to the point where the program is going to turn on and it says not playable under current device. Why?????

try a different genuine android device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Uninstalled the only connection app I have. Still doesn't work. Used stream app on my wife's phone and worked without issue. We both have Note 8.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

1 y ago


@CB_BU20 wrote:

Uninstalled the only connection app I have. Still doesn't work. Used stream app on my wife's phone and worked without issue. We both have Note 8.


is there an error number? have a VPN running? connected to your own home wifi? have you changed the gateway/modem lately? did you try rebooting the modem/gateway?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

4 m ago

Ok you guys need to do some research before you reply. They are using a stock android. It has its own screen sharing apps embedded. You can't remove them without rooting the phone / tablet etc.. There are ways to run the app such as emulation or downgrade to a phone a few years older. Both are terrible.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

4 m ago

closing old thread, new reply off topic. feel free to start a new thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here