jackbond3's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Unable to sign in with my provider on streaming apps (for Firestick)

I am incapable of logging into certain apps (ESPN, USA Network, HBO GO, Adult Swim, etc.) that use single sign-on and have me provide my Xfinity/Comcast information using the app to sign in.

When attempting to sign in, I am brought to the "Choose Provider" page, and select Xfinity. Whether the username is remembered or not (if not I type it in), I type in my password and then press "Sign In". A yellow progress bar appears at the bottom and it seems like it is loading a new page, but then it brings me back to the "Choose Provider" page. This results in a constant cycle of trying to login and being returned to the login page to login. I have attempted this with another Xfinity/Comcast account as well, and the exact same problems arise.

This is different from other streaming apps (Ex. TNT, TBS, Showtime, etc.)  that provide you with a verification code, and require you to you login elsewhere (Ex. https://www.tntdrama.com/activate/firetv). With these apps, there are no problems and I am signed into my streaming apps to view the content I pay for.

It appears that there is a problem with Xfinity's authentication process when utilizing the apps to sign me in. Any help would be appreciated!

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I figured out a solution to the problem (or at least mine). The first thing I did was I made sure my firestick had the latest update. Then I logged into my xfinity account and went to “xfinity ID and passwords.” I have two emails listed (thought I only had one), the one I use daily and a comcast.net one. I also found a username I didn’t know I had. I went back to the firestick, used the username associated with my account since there was only one of those, entered my xfinity password, and was finally able to login to the tv apps!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jackbond3 wrote:

I am incapable of logging into certain apps (ESPN, USA Network, HBO GO, Adult Swim, etc.) that use single sign-on and have me provide my Xfinity/Comcast information using the app to sign in.

When attempting to sign in, I am brought to the "Choose Provider" page, and select Xfinity. Whether the username is remembered or not (if not I type it in), I type in my password and then press "Sign In". A yellow progress bar appears at the bottom and it seems like it is loading a new page, but then it brings me back to the "Choose Provider" page. This results in a constant cycle of trying to login and being returned to the login page to login. I have attempted this with another Xfinity/Comcast account as well, and the exact same problems arise.

This is different from other streaming apps (Ex. TNT, TBS, Showtime, etc.)  that provide you with a verification code, and require you to you login elsewhere (Ex. https://www.tntdrama.com/activate/firetv). With these apps, there are no problems and I am signed into my streaming apps to view the content I pay for.

It appears that there is a problem with Xfinity's authentication process when utilizing the apps to sign me in. Any help would be appreciated!

the only dongle supported so far by xfinity is the Roku. Since the third-party apps reject the login, perhaps it is related to that. have a Roku you could test with?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

The same thing is happening to me! The weird thing is that it was working fine before. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same is happening to me after setting up a new firestick. Does anyone have an answer or fix to this??? Thanks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same exact issue with my new firestick.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having same issue with a new firestick.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same exact issue for me.  Have there been any fixes identified?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue for me

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue! It would be great to be able use the fire stick for what I bought it for!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Nope. Tried that and still didn't work. I've called Xfinity and they have opened a CR to look into it. They're supposed to call me back in a day. We'll see.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

any response from them?  sounds like a lot of us have this issue

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also having the same issue—has anyone found a solution?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  Works fine on my computer but not on my fire stick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Got it working finally. After over an hour of being bounced from one Xfinity Support department to another I finally got to someone in Internet support who didn't know exactly what was wrong but was willing to work with me to try a few things, including using what he called 'toolkits' of apps/utilities that they have available to support technicians.

After trying a few things, the thing that worked was to reset my 'entitlements' in the Xfinity subscription database. It looks like somehow the database that the authentication page queries whenever you try and sign in to Xfinity through a third-party streaming app (e.g. not the Xfinity Stream app) had lost what channels I was subscribed to as part of my monthly Xfinity TV package.

He thought he had to reset it per-channel but after he reset it for one, all of the apps seemed to be able to sign in ok. The apps I've tested it against are ABC, NBC and BBC America.

YMMV. Good luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here